help with sc08a uart info

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

help with sc08a uart info

Postby louis » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:32 am

hi guys, can i know about serial out the instructions to the sc08a?? it should be 6 bytes of instructions right? 2 bytes to start the motor and 4 bytes to control the motor?? we need to send the 6 bytes instruction at one time?or separate it to 2 and 4 bytes or 1 byte per 1 bytes?? correct my mistakes pls..thanks
louis

Re: help with sc08a uart info

Postby ober » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

looking through the User's Manual, here is the idea:
1. 2 byte package is to activate a particular servo, if not the servo pulses will not be generated.
2. 4 bytes package is to control a particular servo for certain position, speed and etc.

Every byte in UART is sent out or received byte by byte. You need to do it in sequence. You can refer to the sample source code given.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

NEED HELP

Postby lia emielia » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 am

I have a problem with UART and SC08A. how many voltage and current need to move 4 servo motor? what kind of battery that I can used to give a supply to the SC08A? :?:
Why my laptop " hang" when I used UARt interface with GUI. Is that the supply not enough? or what ?? :?:
lia emielia
Greenhorn

Postby hyng » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:12 am

The program "hang" after you click the button on the GUI right? Most probably is because the UART connection is incorrect, please make sure RX to SC08's TX and TX to SC08's RX.
For power up SC08A circuit, you will only need to supply 5V to it as shown on the UART connection label, 5V, GND, TX, RX.
For power up Servo Motor, you will need to supply another power on Servo Power connector. The voltage level and the current consumption to move the servo Motor is depending on your servo motor's spec, therefore you have to refer to your servo motor's datasheet or specification. You can only know what power supply to use after you have found out those spec.
For example, if you are using C40R servo motor from Cytron, the maximum voltage that you can supply is 6V, and normally the current consumption for one C40R is from 0.1-1A depending on your torque/load. If there are four C40R, it can goes up to 2-4A. Thus, you have to find a power supply that suit your needs. If you need portable battery, you can use lead acid battery (heavy) or Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery (light but expensive). You need to regulate the voltage input same as your servo motor's voltage level , exceeding of voltage may damage your servo motor.
hyng

Confius

Postby lia emielia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 am

I used C55S for servo motor. In data sheet ,it does not write how many current that it used to move a servo motor. I really confius... If I used higher current,the servo motor does not broken???? :?: :?:
lia emielia
Greenhorn

Postby hyng » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:05 am

The current depending on your load, not your source. So the servo motor will not damaged unless you supply exceeding of voltage level.
If you are using Lipo or lead acid battery, it should not have any problem.
hyng

Return to Robot Controller