Connection of SC08a with XBee

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Connection of SC08a with XBee

Postby cheelip » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:28 am

May i know the connection of SC08a with the XBee module because i wanna modify the coding without using the UART to PC but using the XBee to receive the data, thanks for replying :)
cheelip
Novice

Re: Connection of SC08a with XBee

Postby hyng » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 pm

Do you mean you would like to use XBee to receive data from SC08A? Then you need another XBee on SC08A part. Theoretically it is possible.
hyng

Postby cheelip » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 am

thanks for replying ^^ i wanna make a wireless control robot arm so did i need connect the XBee to sc08a via microcontroller (previously i jz wanna connect directly from Xbee to sco8a but my friend said this project is not applicable so i planning use a pic to add some extra feature..)? what is the connection from sco8a to pic (as i know is connect the uart port from sc08a to pic...is that correct?) and what is the coding for communicating the pic to sc08a...thanks...
cheelip
Novice

Postby hyng » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 am

cheelip WROTE:thanks for replying ^^ i wanna make a wireless control robot arm so did i need connect the XBee to sc08a via microcontroller (previously i jz wanna connect directly from Xbee to sco8a but my friend said this project is not applicable so i planning use a pic to add some extra feature..)? what is the connection from sco8a to pic (as i know is connect the uart port from sc08a to pic...is that correct?) and what is the coding for communicating the pic to sc08a...thanks...

Yes, the connection between SC08A and PIC is UART. You can find the protocol at SC08A User Manual. There are also sample codes for SC08A with PIC. You can download at SC08A product page.
hyng

Postby cheelip » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:54 am

thanks hyng ......i will try my best n post any question if i face uncertainty problem.....thanks again...
cheelip
Novice

Return to Robot Controller