Powering 8 servos, is it safe?

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Powering 8 servos, is it safe?

Postby holeekao » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:13 am

Need help regarding powering 8 servos, I have a 6V output with 20A output power switching regulator. I recently burned 1 servo, because I thought that power switching regulator can regulate current supply to the load. :cry: So is it safe to connect all 8 servos to the power switching regulator?
holeekao
Greenhorn

Re: Powering 8 servos, is it safe?

Postby gadgetng » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:56 pm

holeekao WROTE:Need help regarding powering 8 servos, I have a 6V output with 20A output power switching regulator. I recently burned 1 servo, because I thought that power switching regulator can regulate current supply to the load. :cry: So is it safe to connect all 8 servos to the power switching regulator?

How is the servo burnt? It should be no problem with the power supply unless you connect the power in reverse polarity. Anyway, pls maake sure the power supply is really 6V.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Re: Powering 8 servos, is it safe?

Postby holeekao » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 pm

gadgetng WROTE:
holeekao WROTE:Need help regarding powering 8 servos, I have a 6V output with 20A output power switching regulator. I recently burned 1 servo, because I thought that power switching regulator can regulate current supply to the load. :cry: So is it safe to connect all 8 servos to the power switching regulator?

How is the servo burnt? It should be no problem with the power supply unless you connect the power in reverse polarity. Anyway, pls maake sure the power supply is really 6V.

100% sure it is connected in the correct polarity and the voltage supplied measured is 6.06V

Btw, for C55R (metal gear) servo, the maximum current is 2A, or is 2A the optimum current?
holeekao
Greenhorn

Return to Robot Controller