how to choose a suitable motor driver?

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

how to choose a suitable motor driver?

Postby Flaredro » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:25 am

How to choose a suitable motor driver for DC Geared Motor with Encoder SPG30E-150K? I will use those motor as wheel motor. and I'm using Raspberry Pi as the microcontroller. Thanks ;)
Flaredro

Re: how to choose a suitable motor driver?

Postby Idris » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:30 am

Hi Flaredro,

Based on your description, I think 10Amp DC Motor Driver is the most suitable. If you need 2 channels, you can consider using Dual Channel 10A DC Motor Driver.

Thank you.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby Flaredro » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 am

Idris WROTE:Hi Flaredro,

Based on your description, I think 10Amp DC Motor Driver is the most suitable. If you need 2 channels, you can consider using Dual Channel 10A DC Motor Driver.

Thank you.

If I'm using the 10Amp DC Motor Driver, do I still need to apply a 12V to the motor driver or just directly connect to the microcontroller board?
Flaredro

Postby Flaredro » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:54 pm

I do have another stepper motor bought from cytron, is this motor driver suitable for that stepper motor? or L293D is enough to run the motor?
Flaredro

Postby Idris » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:34 am

Flaredro WROTE:If I'm using the 10Amp DC Motor Driver, do I still need to apply a 12V to the motor driver or just directly connect to the microcontroller board?

Yes, power supply is a must. The voltage is depends on your motor's voltage. If it is 12V, then supply with 12V.

Flaredro WROTE:I do have another stepper motor bought from cytron, is this motor driver suitable for that stepper motor? or L293D is enough to run the motor?

10Amp DC Motor Driver it is not design for stepper motor. L293D is enough for free run, not sure for full load.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Robot Controller