MD30C

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

MD30C

Postby huajui » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:28 pm

I am planning to do a electric scooter project using this MD30C controller. Here are some of my question before i purchase from Cytron:

1. Can i use the potentiometer to control the motor speed of the 24V 350watt DC motor that i purchase from Cytron?
2. if the potentiometer can be use to control the motor speed, will it run smoothly?
3. I use 2 12V car battery as my power supply, should i solder the wire to the pad at the bottom layer of the MD30C?
4. The 24V 350W motor that i purchase from Cytron also need to solder to the pad at the bottom layer of the MD30C?
5. The external potentiometer that i use also need to be soldered?
huajui
Fledgling

Re: MD30C

Postby Idris » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi huajui,

huajui WROTE:1. Can i use the potentiometer to control the motor speed of the 24V 350watt DC motor that i purchase from Cytron?

Yes.

huajui WROTE:2. if the potentiometer can be use to control the motor speed, will it run smoothly?

PWM applied to the motor is proportional to the potentiometer resistance.

huajui WROTE:3. I use 2 12V car battery as my power supply, should i solder the wire to the pad at the bottom layer of the MD30C?

Solder is recommended for high current. Please refer to User's Manual under Hardware Installation.

huajui WROTE:4. The 24V 350W motor that i purchase from Cytron also need to solder to the pad at the bottom layer of the MD30C?

Solder is recommended for high current. Please refer to User's Manual under Hardware Installation.

huajui WROTE:5. The external potentiometer that i use also need to be soldered?

You need to connect to the corresponding pad. Please refer to User's Manual under Hardware Installation.

MD10C User's Manual.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Robot Controller