SmartDriveDuo-30 and Pixhawk

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Re: SmartDriveDuo-30 and Pixhawk

Postby berkman » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:19 pm

Hello, I have a cytron MDDRC10 connected in channels 1 and 3 of pixhawk, however the driver board only blinks the red leds twice. The pixhawk is armed but nothing happens when I move the sticks. How did you manage to set the correct setting for the RC mode of the smartdriveduo board? I hope that these two should be operating in the same way.
berkman
Fledgling

Postby waiweng83 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:14 pm

The motor driver LED blinks twice indicate that it doesn't receive a valid RC signal from the pixhawk.
Do you have any spare servo lying around? Try connecting it to the Pixhawk output and make sure you can control the servo.

Thanks.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby sagiras » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:39 pm

gianakop WROTE:Hi again,

After a lot of tests, a successful way to connect SmartDriveDuo30 and Pixhawk is to set SmartDriveDuo30 in RC Mode with microcontroller (Indepentent Both) and connect Pixhawk’s RC1 and RC3 outputs to RC1 and RC2 SmartDriveDuo30’s inputs using two 3Ways Connector Extension Wires
On Mission planner sofware you can also do the following:

1) From menu: INITIAL SETUP--> Mandatory Hardware --> Servo Output set: #1 Throttle Left, and #3 Throttle Right(tick also the reverse option on that)
2)From menu : INITIAL SETUP --> Radio Calibration Tick the Reverse option

hi gianakop

Why did you reverse the throttle right and roll channels on the mission planner. When I try this way, the control commands I use are not correct.
sagiras
Fledgling

Previous

Return to Robot Controller