Issue with MDDS60

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Issue with MDDS60

Postby Bahn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 pm

Hi. I’m helping a student with a Robotics project and we are using the MDDS60 motor driver to control two 250 watt 24 volt motors. The project was working fine for a day, and then, when we tried to power it on the second day, the motors are not working.

The MDDS60 powers on, the fans are running, the error light is off, but even pressing the control buttons on the MDDS60 board does not work. We checked the outputs with a voltage reader and there is no power being sent to the outputs. We are controlling the board with an RC input using the correct DIP-switch settings. Again, all of this worked perfectly yesterday, but not today. Once, we pressed the control bottons on the board and now the left motor is stuck in the FULL ON mode. The output is reading 24 volts and will not turn off.

Is there a common, fixable error or a reset button of some kind?
Bahn
Greenhorn

Re: Issue with MDDS60

Postby ober » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:32 am

Hi, can you capture and share a few clear photos of the MDDS60 and the wiring? Video is more than welcome too.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Bahn » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:14 pm

I've attached four images...
Overall Setup.jpg

DIP Switches.jpg

Power and Motors.jpg

RC Hookup.jpg
Bahn
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:43 am

Thanks for the photos, helped us understand the setup a lot.

Most of the setup are correct, except a few, though it should not be the cause to the problem you are facing, yet highlighting it might be helpful for future setup:
1. The power cable is too thin for 500W (250W x 2 motor) load
2. The RC receiver does not need additional 5V from the screw terminals, it comes from the 3-pin header that you already connect for the signalling.

As for the problem, can you please contact our support team at support@cytron.io, they will help to arrange for warranty.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Robot Controller