MDDS30 and single input potentiometer

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

MDDS30 and single input potentiometer

Postby robertoforti68 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi to all.
I’m new in this world (robot modules), but I’m a PCB designer, an electronic.
I bought a MDDS30 driver because I would to pilot 2 (two) 24VDC 350W motors at the same velocity.
My application is a toy car PEG Perego SuperGaucho 24V. The accelerator pedal is a 5K linear potentiometer (single).

The analog inputs are two, one for each motor: I would to pilot the motors simultaneously, with that single potentiometer. Is it possible?
If I connect the single pedal in both ANALOG INPUT (in parallel) what could happen?
Instead of doing this, if I connect both motor in parallel mode on one channel and I leave the second empty, is it dangerous? One channel drive a 28-30A current and other 0…. It could be dangerous? This configuration could brake MDDS30?
Thankyou in advance for your help!!

Regards.
Roberto from Italy
robertoforti68
Greenhorn

Re: MDDS30 and single input potentiometer

Postby waiweng83 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:01 am

Yes, you can connect the Potentiometer to both AN1 and AN2 in parallel.
This is a better way as the load lower.

You can also connect both motor in parallel to one channel. But this will increase the load of that channel and is not recommended.

Thanks.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby robertoforti68 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi waweng83.
Thankyou very much for your answer!

Best regards
robertoforti68
Greenhorn

Postby BlueCharisma » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 am

how has this worked out for you? is there any way to give them a seperate brake with it or is it always auto brake?
Are those potentiometer pedal the same thing as hall effect? What i saw in the user manual on the MDDS30 is that it needs a 0-5v not the more common 1-4v pedals for the chinese scooter controllers.
BlueCharisma
Greenhorn

Postby waiweng83 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 am

BlueCharisma WROTE:how has this worked out for you? is there any way to give them a seperate brake with it or is it always auto brake?
Are those potentiometer pedal the same thing as hall effect? What i saw in the user manual on the MDDS30 is that it needs a 0-5v not the more common 1-4v pedals for the chinese scooter controllers.

Unfortunately the MDDS30 does not support extra brake input. It will brake whenever the throttle is let go. There is no coasting function for motor in MDDS30. It's not compatible with the 1-4V pedals. You can't run at full speed nor fully stop the motor with these pedals.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Return to Robot Controller