Cracked component on my mdds30

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Cracked component on my mdds30

Postby disruptit` » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:25 am

My motor controller started acting weird and the left motor would come on without input. So I took my remote control lawn mower apart, and examined the mdds30 rev 1.3, and on the back of the board between the capacitors is a electronic component that is cracked. I think it is a diode, looking to confirm that, it says 2318 then below that GFK or 6FK and there are 2 lines on the side towards the battery terminals, I'm guessing to indicate polarity.

Anyway, wanting to know if anyone can tell me what to replace it with, I've looked up 2318 GFK diode and didn't find anything. It looks like an easy fix if I can find the part to buy.

thanks!!
Attachments
20240414_095035.jpg
disruptit`
Greenhorn

Re: Cracked component on my mdds30

Postby disruptit` » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 am

Nevermind, I think it must have been malfunctioning for a different reason. I cooked the board in the oven, and it's working normal again. LOL. No idea, maybe moisture, maybe bad solder connection. Don't know. Used it for a couple hours now and no problem.
disruptit`
Greenhorn

Re: Cracked component on my mdds30

Postby waiweng83 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:38 pm

The diode is the SM15T56A TVS diode for overvoltage surge protection. Without the diode, the motor driver still can function properly. But I believe there is some surge incident that happened before which damaged the diode. If possible, please replace the diode.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Return to Robot Controller