How to control a stepper motor using SD02B?

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Re: How to control a stepper motor using SD02B?

Postby fremond » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:36 pm

yeah..i saw when i open device manager..got a port named COM8..does that mean i have successfully connected the UC00A??..
fremond
Novice

Postby sich » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 am

Ya...most probably. Then you need to select the correct com port in SD02B GUI.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby fremond » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 am

i have selected the suitable com port and press the connect button:)..it works..it shows connected..but when i press control panel on and run..nothing happen..my stepper motor does not move at all..after that SD02B GUI will start to jam and application fail..i need to restart again..can u tell me what's wrong?..i connect my SD02B from UC00A to stepper motor..that should be the correct connection right?
fremond
Novice

Postby fremond » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 pm

erm..is my connection wrong?..should i include a microcontroller in between SD02B and UC00A??..
fremond
Novice

Postby sich » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Yes, PC -> UC00A -> SD02B (with power supply) -> stepper motor. Did you supply power to the driver? To check whether SD02B is working, supply power to it and connect your motor and press the Test button on the driver.

Try uninstall UC00A driver and reinstall it. When installation has problem with corrupted files or other errors, this situation might occur.
sich

Postby fremond » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm

yeah..you are right..something is wrong with my UC00A connection..i have corrected my mistake and now is working fine..thanks a lot for your help!!!^^..cheers!!
fremond
Novice

Postby fremond » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:18 am

hello and good day,

i have a few questions:

can i use one UC00A to connect two SD02B to control two stepper motor?..and must i use a microcontroller to control my robot arm to move to a specified position??.and how to communicate with sensor so that my robotic arm will become a closed loop function?..

please help me out..urgently^^..
thanks a lot in advance
fremond
Novice

Postby sich » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:45 am

fremond WROTE:can i use one UC00A to connect two SD02B to control two stepper motor?..

No, you need two UC00As and two GUIs running at the same time.
fremond WROTE:..and must i use a microcontroller to control my robot arm to move to a specified position??

No, since you have tested the GUI earlier, you know that SD02B works without mcu too. That's highly depending on how you design your system. If you're to create an embedded system, yes, you need mcu to control SD02B.
fremond WROTE:.and how to communicate with sensor so that my robotic arm will become a closed loop function?..

Also depends on what sensor are you using. Different sensor required different method, eg analog, frequency, serial...
sich

Postby fremond » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:24 pm

thanks a lot sich^^..because my supervisor asked me to program my robot arm to draw a straight line without using microcontroller..but since i am using two separately UC00A to control both of my stepper motor i don't think it would be possible to control both the stepper motor at the same time to move to the desired position..but if i use MCU to connect two SD02B through one UC00A and program the robot arm at the same time it would be possible right?..again i must ask for your kind advices^^
fremond
Novice

Postby sich » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:39 am

Actually it's possible to control more than one SD02B directly using PC only. First of all you need one UC00A for each SD02B. Then you will need to do some coding to connect to the virtual com ports created by each UC00A. If you've two UC00As, you should see have two virtual com ports created in your PC. Each will have different port name. Connect to each of them using your PC program just like you are connecting to the serial port. After that, you can send commands to both (or more) SD02Bs. VB, C#, Java, Matlab, Labview...& etc can be used to create the PC program.

fremond WROTE:but if i use MCU to connect two SD02B through one UC00A and program the robot arm at the same time it would be possible right?

Yes, this is another way of doing it.
sich

PreviousNext

Return to Robot Controller