SK40C

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

Re: SK40C

Postby ober » Tue May 04, 2010 8:19 am

Sure, no problem, good to hear that it is working now.

Yes, all Cytron designed products are being tested before it is shipped to customer, still there might be problem such as soldering joint break during shipping, and some of the component might also damaged if it is being configured wrongly at the beginning by user.

If you have verified there is problem with the board, you can always send inquiry by filling up the form under Support Tab. Warranty period depend on product and it cover manufacturing defect only.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

SK40C

Postby tyyang » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:34 pm

i just bought the SK40C, by following the user manual i connect a 12V DC adaptor to the adaptor socket, the power indicator LED does not seem to be working when i switch on the toggle switch. I try with 2 adaptor but it still cant work..
isit i miss out something before i connect it to the adaptor ? or there is some problem with the board? thanks.
tyyang
Freshie

Postby ober » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:59 pm

There might be several possible root cause:

1. The regulator is not working! Thus no 5V output to activate the LED. You can check this by using multimeter to check the voltage at Vdd and Gnd on SK40C when the power is being activated.
2. The toggle switch is broken, fail to close the gap between input and to regulator. You can check this by using multi meter and measure the voltage when the toggle switch is ON, measure the Vin and Gnd.
3. The polarity of power adapter, if the polarity is reverse, the on board diode will protect the regulator and the rest of component, blocking it. The center pin of adapter should be positive.
4. Disconnected track on PCB.

If you like to send the board back to Cytron for checking and repair, please fill in the support tab in Cytron website. Support team will follow up with you for next step.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby tyyang » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am

Thank you!i found that it is the 3rd factor that causes the power indicator LED to be not working. I try with my 1st non-regulated adapto(EKK)r which canot work, and then with a regulated adaptor and adjust its polarity to get the indicator LED on..so which means i can only use the regulated adaptor for SK40C :?:
tyyang
Freshie

Postby ober » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:57 am

SK40C should work with unregulated or regulated adapter, as long as the polarity and voltage range is correct. You can check the polarity and voltage of the unregulated adapter.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby tgir » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:42 pm

i have a problem with the two sk40b that i bought. when i tested my program at first it worked fine. after this i had a requirement to use the sk40b and sk40c together. it worked at the first instance but subsequent testing it stopped working although the circuit is on. when i removed the PIC from the board, the system was still functioning abnornally.
what can i do about this?
tgir
Freshie

Postby sich » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Can u elaborate more on your system and what do u mean by "it worked fine", "use the sk40b and sk40c together" and "subsequent testing it stopped working although the circuit is on"?
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby tgir » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am

ok, i explain again.
i bought 2 sk40b at the begining because i needed to program 2 PIC in master and slave mode. The first one week it worked according to my coding but the second week one of the borads started giving problems like the power light not coming on, the program on the pic not working according to what is coded. since one of the sk40b is still working fine and i only needed one of the boards to have a max232 i decided to buy sk40c.
This pair i used (sk40b and sk40c) for a while.
after two weeks my system that i took data from the previous week wasnt running properly again.i noticed that even after removing the PIC from the sk40c one of the motors connected to pin of the board still continues to run.
tgir
Freshie

Postby ober » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

can you show us the connection, the real connection you make using both this SK40B and SK40C here? If possible capture a picture (close up) or draw a schematic and post it here.

The problem might because of hardware setup and software might possible too.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Previous

Return to PIC Development Tool