Crystal Oscillator

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

Crystal Oscillator

Postby tyyang » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi, i have some problems with the crystal oscillator. After i programmed my PIC16F877A, i found that there are problem with my output. At the 1st test, i trisB and set output B to be 0xff to light up all my LEDs at portB. Then i switch on Sk40C, the LEDs did not work until i touch the crystal oscillator then only portB can be functioning. At first i thought that i din't connect well the crystal oscillator(original) and so i retest it but still the same thing happend that i need to touch the oscillator to get the portB function.

And so, i also tried load with different programme. i tris, set all output to 0xFF and i also set LEDs at port B to blink repeatedly from 0xAA to 0x55. What i got from the result was i still need to touch on the crystal oscillator to get the LEDs blink. And when touch with an insulator material, nothing happen to the LEDs.

Thus i went to buy a new crystal oscillator and a new resonator. After testing with both new crystal oscillator and a new resonator, i still need to touch them in order to get the port to work.

Is there any thing or procedure that i have miss out? Please let me know, thanks.
tyyang
Freshie

Re: Crystal Oscillator

Postby ober » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Maybe you can try solder the crystal to the connector on SK40C, sometime the bad connection will cause this error, but it seldom happen.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to PIC Development Tool