SK40C Suggestion

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

Re: SK40C Suggestion

Postby ober » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:00 am

aurora, what type of LCD you are using? I have personally grab a SK40C, new batch, checked the pin and even solder a LCD on it, load program and it works without problem.

Checked the pin assignment too, pin 5 from left (looking at the SK40C horizontally), that is R/W from LCD pin and it is grounded on SK40C which like shiyan said, the data send to LCD will be written to LCD, we will not be able to read from LCD.

and pin 6 from left is E for the LCD pin and it is connected to RB5 on SK40C.

Do let us know if you are using different type of LCD, so that we can think of some method to make the SK more flexible. :D
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby aurora » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm

ober WROTE:aurora, what type of LCD you are using? I have personally grab a SK40C, new batch, checked the pin and even solder a LCD on it, load program and it works without problem.

Checked the pin assignment too, pin 5 from left (looking at the SK40C horizontally), that is R/W from LCD pin and it is grounded on SK40C which like shiyan said, the data send to LCD will be written to LCD, we will not be able to read from LCD.

and pin 6 from left is E for the LCD pin and it is connected to RB5 on SK40C.

Do let us know if you are using different type of LCD, so that we can think of some method to make the SK more flexible. :D

Looks the same to me:
Pin 4 = RS
Pin 5 = R/W
Pin 6 = E

Hmm, I must have done something wrong when I change my code. I was using port E earlier and set the R/W command manually. I didn't know that we can just ground pin 5 for read only. Haha... Let me try again and I'll come back later.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby shiyan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:01 am

So is not connection problem, right? :lol:

Happy to know that

Mostly is the function problem, pin assignment maybe?
shiyan
Amateur

Postby aurora » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Found the problem. Apparently, it has something to do with Pin B5 and low voltage programming. I didn't declare the NO LVP earlier.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby ober » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm

aurora WROTE:Found the problem. Apparently, it has something to do with Pin B5 and low voltage programming. I didn't declare the NO LVP earlier.

Aurora, thanks for letting us know that. :D
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Previous

Return to PIC Development Tool