SK40C Suggestion

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

Re: SK40C Suggestion

Postby kl84 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:40 am

Hi Allen, I got the same pop-up message after i clicked Add the file. But i continue with Place in line. It's still working. So i guess we may ignore the error message :lol:
kl84
Amateur

Postby ABSF » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks, so I'll try again.

Here's the schematics:

Oops, still cannot. After the error message appears, it clears off the filename waiting for a new file to be entered. The text in file comments is not cleared. I am using Maxthon2 browser. Does this has anything to do with it. What browsers are you guys using?

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Allen, I am using Chrome mostly, firefox sometime, both are fine.

Anyway, if you have difficulty, you can email me the photos or files at ober@cytron.com.my, I will help you to upload :)
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby ober » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Here is the shecmatic from Allen. Thanks for sharing. I think the attachment does not allow bmp file :D

Allen, the U link mean a jumper for user to select?
Attachments
sk40c.jpg
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby ABSF » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Yes, that's right. If the U-links are in the upper position, RB1 & RB2 are selected. If at the lower positions, then RB6 & RB7 are selected. Default factory setting is RB6 & RB7. The U-Links are 3-pin SIP IDC male connectors.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:21 pm

ABSF WROTE:Yes, that's right. If the U-links are in the upper position, RB1 & RB2 are selected. If at the lower positions, then RB6 & RB7 are selected. Default factory setting is RB6 & RB7. The U-Links are 3-pin SIP IDC male connectors.

Em.... I think I get the idea though not really sure how the 3-pin SIP IDC male connector look like :D .

Yup, is good idea, using a simple connector, user can change the LED assignment, thanks!
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby aurora » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi guys,

I just tried out the LCD pinout on SK40C. And it's not working. After I check my code, I found something:

Pin 5 is grounded, and Pin 6 is connected to R/W?

Wasn't Pin 5 is R/W, and Pin 6 is Pin 'E'? :?
aurora
Discoverer

Postby ABSF » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:21 am

I just tried out the LCD pinout on SK40C. And it's not working. After I check my code, I found something:

Wasn't Pin 5 is R/W, and Pin 6 is Pin 'E'?

When did you buy your SK40C? I also bought one last month, but haven't tested it yet.
I have soldered the male pins onto the SK40C but I also soldered a 16-pin female mating socket to the LCD instead of directly soldering the lcd to the pins on SK40C.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby aurora » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:44 am

I bought mine during the crazy sales. My setup is exactly opposite of yours. I had the male connector on my LCD for long time already, as I use it on my breadboard.

I had the SK40C soldered with female connector. I checked the schematic, looks like it was designed that way? I thought my LCD wasn't using the typical connection....? I guess it must be a mistake. :roll:
aurora
Discoverer

Postby shiyan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 am

aurora WROTE:Hi guys,

Wasn't Pin 5 is R/W, and Pin 6 is Pin 'E'? :?

Er..... I bought a few SK40C + LCD too during crazy sales.... has been using it for small projects. The LCD works perfectly, also the voltage regulator, I think I am the lucky one. Anyway I have sent back to Cytron for repair as they called me personally, good service :D

I am looking at the datasheet of LCD bought from them, pin 5 from left is R/W which I checked my SK40C pin - it is being grounded, so we are writing data to LCD, is OK for that. While pin 6 of LCD is E, which is connected to RB5 on SK40C....

The sample source code and hardware works fine for my case.... maybe your LCD is out of standard?
shiyan
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to PIC Development Tool