programming in sk40c(led blinking)

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

programming in sk40c(led blinking)

Postby fatimah » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:14 pm

may i know, why in the led programming,some of port a is declared as output even though there is no connection showed such in the circuit? and why function for uart is used?even though there is no connection?
fatimah
Novice

Re: programming in sk40c(led blinking)

Postby zhenning » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Sometimes it is easier to declare a PORT rather than the pin specfically. can you post the circuit and the code?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby ABSF » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 am

Hi fatimah,

Programmers are not angels. And further more they are mostly men in Cytron (Am I right ?). Since the programs are for demostration purposes, who cares whether it is well written as long as it works and served its purposes. May be it is purposely written like that for you to modify and do corrections on. ;)

In the real world, most of the operating programs that we are using are object codes. You dont even have the chance to see the source codes. So how do you know the source codes are not filled with a lot of unwanted stuffs. :?:

Some of the stuffs in the program are not neccessary as u pointed out and the programmer forgot or too busy to clean them up before they put them on the net. So if the mistakes are obvious, do forgive them, OK?

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby fatimah » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 pm

thanks ya
fatimah
Novice

Postby hyng » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 am

ABSF WROTE:Hi fatimah,

Programmers are not angels. And further more they are mostly men in Cytron (Am I right ?). Since the programs are for demostration purposes, who cares whether it is well written as long as it works and served its purposes. May be it is purposely written like that for you to modify and do corrections on. ;)

In the real world, most of the operating programs that we are using are object codes. You dont even have the chance to see the source codes. So how do you know the source codes are not filled with a lot of unwanted stuffs. :?:

Some of the stuffs in the program are not neccessary as u pointed out and the programmer forgot or too busy to clean them up before they put them on the net. So if the mistakes are obvious, do forgive them, OK?

Allen

really thanks for you understanding ... :mrgreen:
hyng

Postby ABSF » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:34 am

You're welcomed. But I must clarify that I am not a Cytron staff or has any relations with Cytron. 8-)

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm

ABSF WROTE:You're welcomed. But I must clarify that I am not a Cytron staff or has any relations with Cytron. 8-)
Allen

:lol: Allen you seem to be worried if you are Cytron staff :o

Anyway thanks for active in this forum, appreciate it. We need more and actually more is coming, a lot of forum member are not Cytron staff, yet they give their time and share their knowledge, again thanks to all.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby ABSF » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm

I just dont want people to have the impressions that I am on Cytron's side because I am related to Cytron.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 am

ABSF WROTE:I just dont want people to have the impressions that I am on Cytron's side because I am related to Cytron.

Allen

Don worry, me neither 8-)
robosang
Expert

Return to PIC Development Tool