UIC00B cannot detect

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

UIC00B cannot detect

Postby mec » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi, today i just found out that my UIC00B suddenly cannot detect the PIC on UIC-S, previously it is working. The message show "No device found" at PICkit2. However, it is working well on my SK40C. May i know what is wrong?
mec

Re: UIC00B cannot detect

Postby hyng » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Did you ever happen to short circuit the power when you are connecting the UIC00B? This problem may due to the over current or short circuit of your development board/programmer socket that causes the fuse on UIC00B's VDD line to open circuit. Since the SK40C is external powered while UIC-S is power by the UIC00B itself. This is why you can use it on SK40C but not at UIC-S. You can change the fuse on the UIC00B which is label as F1 with any fuse that you have or you can send it back for warranty. Please fill in the form at "support' tab at www.cytron.com.my
hyng

Postby ganesah » Tue May 17, 2011 4:21 am

Hi,

I am facing similar problem here, but my circuit is on breadboard instead. The PICKIT2 unable to auto detect the 18f452 mc on board and displays ' No Device Found'. Though i choose to 'Manual Select Device' on the PIC KIT2 , when try to program hex code same message displayed on its display panel , ' No Device Found'. It was working well all the while. Does it has to do with the fuse as well?
Please advise on this matter. Thanks
ganesah
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Tue May 17, 2011 8:59 am

u need to either power the PIC with battery or the connection from Vdd line of UIC00A/B. VDD, gnd, MCLR , PGC, PGD connection needed.
VDD from UIC can be ignored if u have the 5V from battery.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to PIC Development Tool