Question about compiler and Programmer

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

Question about compiler and Programmer

Postby Ryu » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi, i need ur help. For now, i got the MpLAB IDE to write C code, UIC00B ,start-up kit, and pic18. I'm curious that could i interface the pic18f with visual basic2008 ? What i think is like this: vb2008 - vb compiler - UIC00B - startupKit pic18f . What i know is PICkit 2(UIC00B) only can inport HEX file. My question is: How would i do to make my VisualBasic code can work with UIC00B .
Ryu

Re: Question about compiler and Programmer

Postby Brian Griffin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am

Do you want to compile the code with the Visual Basic, or you want to interface a VB software with your microcontroller?
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby Ryu » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Brian Griffin WROTE:Do you want to compile the code with the Visual Basic, or you want to interface a VB software with your microcontroller?

I want to know how to interface Visual Basic with UIC00B and PIC18f. Can u teach me? And is it possible to control the LED circuit all the time for example, i click button "LED 1 ON" in Graphical User Interface, and so the LED 1 which on the circuit will light. That means control the microcontroller's output throught visual basic's GUI .
Ryu

Postby Brian Griffin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Ryu WROTE:
Brian Griffin WROTE:Do you want to compile the code with the Visual Basic, or you want to interface a VB software with your microcontroller?

I want to know how to interface Visual Basic with UIC00B and PIC18f. Can u teach me? And is it possible to control the LED circuit all the time for example, i click button "LED 1 ON" in Graphical User Interface, and so the LED 1 which on the circuit will light. That means control the microcontroller's output throught visual basic's GUI .

Can't help you on the Visual Basic interface, but you need a USB->Serial adapter and a microcontroller with a serial interface. That is the most simple one.

Have you read the VB tutorials in the net about serial interface?
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby robosang » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm

I am not sure whether we can control the UIC00B from VB, never explore that before. But if you want to control the LED or read input of PIC, the easiest method is recommended by Brian, USB to serial. But I do recommend using USB to UART, where no MAX232 is require to interface it. Try Cytron's UC00A, I am using it, very easy to use. Now they have cheaper version of UC00B :shock: which I miss it earlier.
robosang
Expert

Return to PIC Development Tool