Microcode studio with MPLAB

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

Microcode studio with MPLAB

Postby compass1982 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:18 am

Hi all,

This is my 1st post in this forum and I find it very exciting learning out a lot about PIC. I have a question here. If I write my code using Microcode Studio Plus and compile it into HEX file. Is it possible that I can use MPLAB to download the program into PIC16F877A by using USB ICSP PIC Programmer V2010 (UIC00B)

thanks,
Joshua
compass1982

Re: Microcode studio with MPLAB

Postby ABSF » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:37 pm

compass1982 WROTE:Hi all,
This is my 1st post in this forum and I find it very exciting learning out a lot about PIC. I have a question here. If I write my code using Microcode Studio Plus and compile it into HEX file. Is it possible that I can use MPLAB to download the program into PIC16F877A by using USB ICSP PIC Programmer V2010 (UIC00B)
Joshua

You mean you are using microcode studio to edit & compile your program then use MPLAB to program to program the PIC chip? Though I never tried it, I think it should be possible. But there is a better way. You can use the PicKit2 programmer software to program your PIC as it is compatible with the UIC00B. The software is available at the cytron UIC00B product website.

Are you using PBP with microcode?

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby compass1982 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

ABSF WROTE:
compass1982 WROTE:Hi all,
Joshua

You mean you are using microcode studio to edit & compile your program then use MPLAB to program to program the PIC chip? Though I never tried it, I think it should be possible. But there is a better way. You can use the PicKit2 programmer software to program your PIC as it is compatible with the UIC00B. The software is available at the cytron UIC00B product website.

Are you using PBP with microcode?

Allen

Hi Allen,
thanks for your reply. yes, i am planning to use PBP and microcode. hopefully i can find this software as i lost it long time ago.... >.<
compass1982

Postby robosang » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 pm

That is possible, though what Allen recommend is better.

In MPLAB IDE you can choose your device and set the programmer, further import the hex and program it. But as Allen said, PICkit 2 Programmer GUI is simpler to use.
robosang
Expert

Postby compass1982 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

i wrote a sample program to make led to light up. but it does not seems to work after i downloaded into PIC. is there any extra setting need to be done to pickit2? below is my code:

define osc 20
CMCON = 7
ADCON1 = 7
CVRCON = 0

trisb = %0000000
portb = 0
led var portb.6

Start:
led = 1
pause 50000
led = 0
pause 500