UP00B Programmer Unable to auto detect device

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

UP00B Programmer Unable to auto detect device

Postby danielkoay83 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help me on this. My UP00B was working fine last week before the CNY break. But today, it can't auto detect the PIC. I've tried swapping several PIC but failed also. I've also tried different device family eg. PIC16F877A and PIC16F84A which it also failed to detect. any information will be a great help. :!:
danielkoay83
Greenhorn

Re: UP00B Programmer Unable to auto detect device

Postby gadgetng » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:23 am

What is the message u get from the PICKit2? Is the green LED light ON? Make sure your USB port and USB cable is working.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby danielkoay83 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

Hi, it will prompt either "no device found" or "PIC16F886" detected. even though if I put in 16F84 or 16F877. Furthermore, after putting the IC into the UP00B then I tried to confirm the IC at a PM3 programmer. It also become cannot detect. When I use a new IC at PM3 programmer, it can detect the correct IC but when put into the UP00B and check back at PM3 it becomes cannot detect. USB connection should be ok as when I tried to read the device the UP00B can response though with the RED LED on and failed to read.
danielkoay83
Greenhorn

Postby gadgetng » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:15 pm

danielkoay83 WROTE:Hi, it will prompt either "no device found" or "PIC16F886" detected. even though if I put in 16F84 or 16F877. Furthermore, after putting the IC into the UP00B then I tried to confirm the IC at a PM3 programmer. It also become cannot detect. When I use a new IC at PM3 programmer, it can detect the correct IC but when put into the UP00B and check back at PM3 it becomes cannot detect. USB connection should be ok as when I tried to read the device the UP00B can response though with the RED LED on and failed to read.

Nvr use PM3 programmer before. Sound like the UP00B damage the IC. Anyway, have you put the IC in correct polarity? Or maybe you can check if the Vdd and GND in the zif socket UP00B is shorted? If they are all working correctly, better to send back to Cytron for warranty/check. :mrgreen:
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby danielkoay83 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am

gadgetng WROTE:
danielkoay83 WROTE:Hi, it will prompt either "no device found" or "PIC16F886" detected. even though if I put in 16F84 or 16F877. Furthermore, after putting the IC into the UP00B then I tried to confirm the IC at a PM3 programmer. It also become cannot detect. When I use a new IC at PM3 programmer, it can detect the correct IC but when put into the UP00B and check back at PM3 it becomes cannot detect. USB connection should be ok as when I tried to read the device the UP00B can response though with the RED LED on and failed to read.

Nvr use PM3 programmer before. Sound like the UP00B damage the IC. Anyway, have you put the IC in correct polarity? Or maybe you can check if the Vdd and GND in the zif socket UP00B is shorted? If they are all working correctly, better to send back to Cytron for warranty/check. :mrgreen:

It seems that the programmer is damaging the ICs. Already sent the programmer back for warranty claim. Just bought for 2 months. :lol:
danielkoay83
Greenhorn

Return to PIC Development Tool