UP00A ICSP

Programmer, In-Circuit Debugger, PIC Start-Up Kit, Memory Interface...

UP00A ICSP

Postby sich » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Posted by Nazri:

"I have your old UP00A PIC USB Programmer and try to figure-out how to use its ICSP function. I've wired up my circuit using PIC16F877A and download into it few programs using the normal 40-pin socket by plug-in and plug-out the IC. It works perfectly.
The problem is, I want to use the ICSP function and wired up my circuit as required from your user's manual. I've connected my circuit and the ICSP terminal on the UP00A with 5-wired ribbon cable and connector. I couldn't get any response of downloading software into the PIC IC. I opened up your WinPic800 -> Settings -> Hardware to change the Blockade Configuration, but it does not want to be saved, as I thought I need to try changing some options there in order to make it works.
Please help me on how to start using the ICSP function from the programmer. I'm stuck now."
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Re: PIC Programmer

Postby sich » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Nazri,

Below are some possible factors that lead to the problem you mentioned:

1. Improper connection - ribbon wires are not soldered or clamped properly to the iron pins of the connectors, broken of connection inside the ribbon wires...

2. Circuitry of the targeted board - MCLR, PGC or/and PGD is/are connected to other circuits/components which prevent the microcontroller to enter programming mode. The simplest way to determine this will be building another circuit without sharing these three pins.

3. Microcontroller's configuration - some PIC microcontrollers are unable to reprogram at certain configuration such as using internal oscillator with MCLR disabled. It won't be a problem if you are using the common PICs like 16F877A, 16F84A...

4. Length of the ribbon cable - try to make the connection between UP00A and your targeted board at approximately 10cm.

Please have a try!
sich

Re: UP00A ICSP

Postby Nazri » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 am

I've tried out as you'd said, but still didn't work. I just wonder if there should be a special setting either on the hardware or software of WinPic800 to work with the USB Programmer UP00A.

Nazri.
Nazri
Fledgling

Postby sich » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:56 am

If that's the case, maybe you need to send it back to cytron for troubleshooting...
sich

Postby robosang » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Why still using UP00A? I bought a new programmer UIC00A with only RM50.00 last year, use it until now and I am very satisfy with its size, performance and price......
robosang
Expert

Return to PIC Development Tool