MD10C R3 - LOGIC (PWM, DIR) Range?

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

MD10C R3 - LOGIC (PWM, DIR) Range?

Postby gsenn » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:31 am

Hello

I have a PLC with a 0 to 10VDC analog output module and a 0 or 24VDC discrete output module.

My plan was to drive the PWM (Speed) LOGIC pin with the 0 to 10VDC Analog Output module.
My plan was to drive the DIR LOGIC pin with the 0 or 24VDC Discrete Output module.

Question #1

The Cytron MD10C R3.0 User's Manual Rev3.0 V1.0 Aug 2018 states in section 5. GETTING STARTED

And both the DIR and PWM input can accept 3.3V to 5.0V logic, in some case, user use it with 24V
logic from PLC (Programmable Logic Controller).

Based on that statement, I get the impression that the LOGIC inputs can accept as low as 3.3V but can accept all the way up to 24V logic? Even though the first part of the statement says "to 5.0V" logic.

So, can BOTH the DIR and PWM (aka Speed) LOGIC pins accept a 24V signal?

If not 24V, than HOW HIGH? In that I can limit the Analog Output to 0-5VDC and the Discrete Output to 12VDC

Question #2

This is a dumb question, but, here goes.. Does the PWM (Speed) LOGIC signals have to be PWM? Or can an Analog voltage be used in place of the PWM? I *think* the answer is yes, but want to ask just to make sure. In that as noted above, my plan is to drive the PWM (aka Speed) LOGIC using a PLC Digital to Analog output module with a range of 0-10V
Attachments
Q.png
gsenn
Fledgling

Re: MD10C R3 - LOGIC (PWM, DIR) Range?

Postby waiweng83 » Tue May 02, 2023 2:19 pm

Question 1:

Yes, the motor driver can accept 24V input signal. BUT, you will need to connect a 10K ohm resistor in series with each signal (Both PWM and DIR).

Question 2:

Nope, the motor driver does not accept analog input. It must be a PWM signal for the speed control.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Return to DC Motor