Vexta motor speed control

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Vexta motor speed control

Postby wanzero87 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:34 pm

hi..
sy ade motor vexta dc brushless AXHM230K-GFH 2500rpm 30W dan driver AXHD30K
sy de soalan yg ingin ditanya..
1.Bagaimana sy ingin mengawal motor vexta dc brushless dari segi hardware,programming interface..
2. Sy ingin mengawal kelajuan pada motor ini..tp tidak tahu bagaimana..
3. Sy diberi pilihan untuk mengawal motor ini sama ade ingin menggunakan PLC atau PIC..tp sy xtahu yg mne seswai..
harap disini dapat membantu sy..
wanzero87

Re: Vexta motor speed control

Postby sich » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Your question is very general...

wanzero87 WROTE:1.Bagaimana sy ingin mengawal motor vexta dc brushless dari segi hardware,programming interface..

Example circuit connection is given by the motor's datasheet. What programming language, compiler, chip model and etc are you going to use? I guess you need to do more reading.

wanzero87 WROTE:2. Sy ingin mengawal kelajuan pada motor ini..tp tidak tahu bagaimana..

You can use PIC's PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) module. It generates pulses at desired duty cycle at CCPx pin. Connect the pin to driver's VRM to control the speed. Adding a capacitor at the appropriate output pin will give you analog value (Average voltage, Vavg) which is required by the motor driver.

wanzero87 WROTE:3. Sy diberi pilihan untuk mengawal motor ini sama ade ingin menggunakan PLC atau PIC..tp sy xtahu yg mne seswai..

I would say up to u. Both can be done. It depends on your applications, PIC/PLC model and familiarity to each controller.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby wanzero87 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:11 pm

ok i da siap wiring my PIC..
and now cume nak wiring motor ke PIC..
the manual xmembantu sangat..
boleh ajar xcmne nk wiring ke PIC16F877A,i mean ke port2 yg mane 1 yek..
plzzz reply as soon as possible
and cmne nak interface ngn Visual basic..i nak control dari VB
and my pic board ade RS232 juz sambungkan ke pc n leh operate VB ke????
wanzero87

Postby ober » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 am

wanzero87 WROTE:ok i da siap wiring my PIC..

Sorry to say this, but the manual actually help a lot. Like sich said, the sample circuit (interface) is given. Of course there is no direct example for us to follow, but at least it list out the possible connections using switches, CMOS, transistors; which I think is very comprehensive and sufficient for us to proceed for other interface such as microcontroller, or even PLC.

Why you want to wire the motor to PIC? I thought the motor should be connected to driver and PIC control the motor through the driver. You really need to refer the manual in details, I doubt the manual asked user to wire the motor to controller.

Basically, you can wire the driver to any of PIC's I/O pin. Since you are controlling driver, those PIC pin should be configured as output. As for the speed, you will need to create connection to CCP1 or CPP2 for PWM generation, as explained by sich.

There is no direct solution for controlling your system from computer. Yes, using RS232 to communicate can be one of the way, yet it is not a complete solution. You will need to develop the VB program, and also the program in microcontroller. Basically the RS232 is just providing the interface. Sure, you can develop something like this using VB, yet again, you need to understand the interface and the language to do it...... I will still stick to sich advise, more reading and understanding is require.

Good luck.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby royalstorm7 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm

wanzero87 WROTE:hi..
sy ade motor vexta dc brushless AXHM230K-GFH 2500rpm 30W dan driver AXHD30K
sy de soalan yg ingin ditanya..
1.Bagaimana sy ingin mengawal motor vexta dc brushless dari segi hardware,programming interface..
2. Sy ingin mengawal kelajuan pada motor ini..tp tidak tahu bagaimana..
3. Sy diberi pilihan untuk mengawal motor ini sama ade ingin menggunakan PLC atau PIC..tp sy xtahu yg mne seswai..
harap disini dapat membantu sy..

hi...guna PIC lagi mudah dan murah....guna n-chennel mosfet...kalau perlu control direction...tambah 2 relay.....untuk maklumat lanjut...hubungi..

royalstorm7@yahoo.com
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Postby captenusop » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:23 am

This connection will work, you can control speed , start, stop cw and ccw but the encoder and alarm is not connected.
Attachments
vexta motor.jpg
vexta motor.jpg (25.13 KiB) Viewed 5007 times
captenusop
Novice

Postby shahrul » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 am

wanzero87 WROTE:ok i da siap wiring my PIC..

You just do one-by-one.
First try to operate that motor first, The manual have the information but you must familiar with PIC function to understand that. Like, how to generate the PWM and what pin.
After that, you go to VB, then you must do UART and VB programming.
shahrul
Professional

Postby aqish88 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello and assalammualaikum...

I want to ask you for a circuit to control brushless circuit with 4 main button, scontrol speed , start, stop cw and ccw.. can you all suggest any circuit that suitable for this project? i'm thinking using AR40b. but my supervisor said it was too complecated.. i wonder if you have any suggestion or idea for my project?

I'm doing something like http://wiki.team1640.com/index.php?titl ... ivot_Drive, but i'm dealing with 1 tire only.. i'm wondering if there are any main circuit board that can help me out with my problem.. Thank you..

aqish88
aqish88
Freshie

Postby aqish88 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:24 pm

and I want to ask you all in any chance i can use Controlling DC Brush Motor Using MD10C or Controlling DC Brush Motor Using MD30B as controller for VEXTA Brushless Motor??
aqish88
Freshie

Postby shahrul » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm

aqish88 WROTE:and I want to ask you all in any chance i can use Controlling DC Brush Motor Using MD10C or Controlling DC Brush Motor Using MD30B as controller for VEXTA Brushless Motor??

Vexta Motor already comes with their driver. No need add extra motor driver. Vexta Motor driver can connect directly to the PIC. The manual have given the connection with microcontroller. This is your first lesson to learn read manual.
shahrul
Professional

Next

Return to DC Motor