Stepper Motor Control

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Re: Stepper Motor Control

Postby fremond » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:54 pm

sorry guys..i think i had explain wrongly about that part..i do not have any encoder attach to the motor as stepper motor can act as a encoder itself right?..erm..what i want to ask is how do i control my stepper motor to move only 0.18 degree then stop?..

has anyone try SD02B GUI provided by cytron in PR7 package??..in the SD02B GUI when we press request encoder [a large value of number will come out]..is the value in the form of frequency or RPM?..and how do i change the frequency value that i get into degree form so that i can stop the motor at the angle that i desire..

can anyone help me out?..cheers!!..thanks in advance
fremond
Novice

Postby sich » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 am

fremond WROTE:what i want to ask is how do i control my stepper motor to move only 0.18 degree then stop?..

If you're using SD02B and the stepper has 1.8 degree/step resolution, you can choose 1/10 microstepping in SD02B GUI (this gives 0.18 degree/step) and set Track Encoder value to 1 (Remember to reset the encoder first) then click Track button. Now when you select ON and GO, the motor should stop at 0.18 degree.
However, usually we need to track more than 1 step. For example if you want the motor to stop after one full rotation and you want to run it at 1/10 microstepping, you need to set Track Encoder value to 360/0.18 = 2000.

fremond WROTE:has anyone try SD02B GUI provided by cytron in PR7 package??..in the SD02B GUI when we press request encoder [a large value of number will come out]..is the value in the form of frequency or RPM?..and how do i change the frequency value that i get into degree form so that i can stop the motor at the angle that i desire..

Request Encoder is for you to get the current encoder value recorded in SD02B. It's a 'read' function. The value represent the number of step, NOT frequency.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby fremond » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm

thanks a lot sich!!..you help me so much..with this..i think i am able to control the angle!!..yes!!..thanks a lot again
fremond
Novice

Previous

Return to DC Motor