can servo motor control displacement ??

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

can servo motor control displacement ??

Postby leen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:49 pm

hAlo ...I am doing my final year project, I nid to do sumting like linear actuator with displacement in mm (for a cell strain system).The linear actuator nid to can control the distance travel, and speed. stepper motor is not allowed . Can i use servo motor for tis purpose?

I search that cytron had the servo motor (C40R) and the servo controller sc16A...
then plan to use visual basic to control it ..

can the c40R be redesign a bit to becum linear actuator? can servo motor control how many time it turn ..and the speed of the motor?
leen
Greenhorn

Re: can servo motor control displacement ??

Postby sich » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Stepper motor is the best for this kind of application. Since you said it's not allowed, a DC brushed motor can be used together with suitable sensor to create a servo system (closed-loop control). The sensor also depends on your specs. Standard RC servo motor like C40R only can rotate 180 degree. Please read more about RC servo motor. Of course with some mechanism, you can make a 180 degree of rotation be able to traverse the full linear track you want. Besides, RC servo can be modified to become a normal brushed motor.

So nothing is impossible but it's how you get the right things to do the task. Can you give the specifications or an example of the linear actuator you want to build? Without the details, i can even tell u any motor is suitable. It's just the matter of complexity of your system :roll:
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Return to DC Motor