C36R servo motor

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Re: C36R servo motor

Postby shahrul » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 pm

picpicpikapika WROTE:Sorry, I dun really understand what do you mean, the speed you mentioned is the lenght of the delay or what? So, is my concept correct, now if I want to make my servo to turn clockwise and counter clockwise I just apply the minimum and maximum angle pwm pulse right? And the distance of the movement is depends on the lenght of the delay right?

What my code do is Timer interrupt counter.The interrupt is every 51.2us.
Time 1 cycle = 390*51.2us = ~20ms
Ton(min) = 10*51.2us = 0.5ms, Ton(max) = 50*51.2us = 2.5ms

So, what I mean, minimum position change is 51.us. Or if state in degree, 180 degree/(50-10) = 4.5 degree.
shahrul
Professional

Postby picpicpikapika » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi, now I am a bit confused...from what I know the distance(degree) of servo rotates is depends on how long you apply a particular pulse. But from your link, the distance (degree) of servo rotates is controlled by changing the pulse width from minimum to maximum and vice versa...if my concept is wrong please rectify me thanks a lot.
picpicpikapika
Apprentice

Postby shahrul » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 pm

picpicpikapika WROTE:Hi, now I am a bit confused...from what I know the distance(degree) of servo rotates is depends on how long you apply a particular pulse. But from your link, the distance (degree) of servo rotates is controlled by changing the pulse width from minimum to maximum and vice versa...if my concept is wrong please rectify me thanks a lot.

Yes, the servo position or degree depends on pulse width (it's duty cycle). Time is fixed 20ms. Pulse width is varying from 0.5ms-2.5ms.
shahrul
Professional

Postby picpicpikapika » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:46 am

Hi, I have try to use your method, it works...I am able to control it from 0 to 180 degree and from 180 to 0 degree using potentiameter.
But the servo is not really stable, sometime when I turn to a certain degree and I let my hand go, the servo will turn to other degree itself. So, how to control the servo like you did in your video...the servo will totally controlled by the potentiameter and when I turn to a particular degree and let my hand go, it will stay there.
Actually, this is also my doubt, from what I know when you keep supplying a pulse which is within a clockwise range or counterclockwise range, it will turn all the way down to 0 or 180 degree. Thanks a lot.
picpicpikapika
Apprentice

Postby picpicpikapika » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:59 am

Hi, here are some of my statistics
(a) I am using timer0 interrupt counter, and the overflow occur every 0.1ms.
(b) My minimum angle pulse = 3*0.1ms = 0.3ms,
My maximum angle pulse = 21*0.1ms = 2.1ms
picpicpikapika
Apprentice

Postby picpicpikapika » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:29 am

Hi Shahrul I have solved the problem.
Up to now, I am able to control servo movement using potentiometer for every 12 degree of increment.
So, how to make the servo to move for smaller degree?
picpicpikapika
Apprentice

Postby picpicpikapika » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi, currently I am able to adjust my servo resolution to around 6 degree. But when I am trying to increase some more the resolution to lower degree...the servo become very hot, and so as to my voltage regulator. And it consume my battery in a very fast manner!! So, I need higher voltage to drive the servo for higher resolution right? Besides changing the power supply, how can we amend it? How if I increase the frequency, will it works? Currently, I am using 8MHz internal oscillator to drive my PIC. Please help thanks a lot.
picpicpikapika
Apprentice

Postby shahrul » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 pm

picpicpikapika WROTE:Hi, currently I am able to adjust my servo resolution to around 6 degree. But when I am trying to increase some more the resolution to lower degree...the servo become very hot, and so as to my voltage regulator. And it consume my battery in a very fast manner!! So, I need higher voltage to drive the servo for higher resolution right? Besides changing the power supply, how can we amend it? How if I increase the frequency, will it works? Currently, I am using 8MHz internal oscillator to drive my PIC. Please help thanks a lot.

Good try. I'm also never measure smallest resolution. I think, increase servo signal can get better resolution. Try from 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz. Also try decrease below 50Hz.
shahrul
Professional

Postby picpicpikapika » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:01 am

Hi, now I am able to drive my servo with lower degree resolution, but not really accurate and stable...sometimes my servo will vibrate itself and suddenly the 5V supply voltage from the voltage regulator will drop down to around 2.5V and the servo is not functioning anymore (the voltage regulator will also become very hot)...is it the problem of the power supply again???
Actually I apply a halfly used 9V battery to my voltage regulator input (which is now around 7.5V to 8V), but I am still able to obtain 5V from the regulator output. Is it the reason which cause the instability of the servo??
picpicpikapika
Apprentice

Postby kl84 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 am

U can refer to cytron's PR18 schematic for voltage regulator part design to supply current more than the normal regulator can give.
kl84
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to DC Motor