Servo and DC motor same power supply!!

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Servo and DC motor same power supply!!

Postby silveroblado » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:05 pm

I have a question??When I connect my DC motor and servo motor to 12V power, servo getting 5V from SK40C board........SK40C and DC motor powered by 12V.......what happens is my whole hardware starts shaking!!the lcd starts blinking and servo starts moving rapidly as if fish was taken out of water!!

Can you please tell me why does this happen and what is the way to rectify it!!

As, I want to use 2 DC motors and 3 servos and 4 different sensors using one 12v battery with regulators for different ratings!!

But I dnt understand why isnt the servo moving properly and why does LCD starts fluctuating when I connect the servo to the PIC in SK40C??Please let know the solution, ones who have experienced same problem earlier!!
silveroblado
Apprentice

Re: Servo and DC motor same power supply!!

Postby A380 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

I think the 5V regulator from SK40C cant provide that high total current for your servo motors etc, so 5V might drop and it affects your controller stability.
A380
Discoverer

Re: Servo and DC motor same power supply!!

Postby hyng » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Please separate your DC motor power from SK40C's 5V. The regulator on SK40C can only provide up to 0.5A of current while a servo motor may consume up to 1A of current. It may damage the regulator and further spoil the PIC microcontroller on SK40C.
hyng

Return to DC Motor