Stepper Motor *newbie

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Stepper Motor *newbie

Postby wjwong » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:52 pm

I using stepper motor to rotate 3 position for my solar tracker project.
Example:
A-0degree
B-90degree
C-180degree
*Start, stepper move to A and collect data then B collect data then C collect data and when processing the data for example the stepper will move to B. After 1 hour i need to rescan from ABC*

When my stepper at either B or C position could i return back to A position for rescan?

What type of stepper suite my application?
wjwong
Novice

Re: Stepper Motor *newbie

Postby wjwong » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Simple of my project flow
Attachments
Project flow.jpg
wjwong
Novice

Postby sich » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:19 pm

wjwong WROTE:What type of stepper suite my application?

How big is your solar panel?
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby wjwong » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:21 pm

12V 3A output.
As theory, stepper motor step based on which winding at stator we triggered then as we step every 30degree from 0 till 90degree, how we return to initial position? "step anticlockwise 1 by 1 30degree backwards?

maybe my position not only 90degree but 120degree AGAIN how to return to initial 0degree position?

i had alot of confusion now~~ :roll:
wjwong
Novice

Postby sich » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 am

wjwong WROTE:12V 3A output.

That should be between the size of a scientific calculator and an iPad, right? May be you can use those available in Cytron.

wjwong WROTE:As theory, stepper motor step based on which winding at stator we triggered then as we step every 30degree from 0 till 90degree, how we return to initial position? "step anticlockwise 1 by 1 30degree backwards?
maybe my position not only 90degree but 120degree AGAIN how to return to initial 0degree position?

Generally a stepper motor's resolution is 1.8 degree/step. So each step will rotate the motor shaft 1.8 degree clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on your step sequence. Please keep in mind that stepper motor doesn't work like a servo motor - they are two different motors.

So if you want to rotate it 90 degree clockwise, you have to give the appropriate pulses to each of its coils and count your steps to reach the desired position. To rotate a stepper motor (1.8 degree/step resolution, no microstepping) 90 degree, the number of steps = 90 / 1.8 = 50 steps. But before this, you need to make sure your stepping sequence is correct first if you are building your own stepper motor driver. To move counter-clockwise back to the initial position, you just reverse the stepping sequence for 50 steps.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby wjwong » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks sich~~
Yeap my panel is a size of A4 paper 12V3A constant i obtain from my LM2576(buck) circuit and i plan to run a stepper and charge battery using it xD hope it didnt blow off crazy~~

I had done thinking all the possible and done with a flow chart and will upload after i done my boring test tmr~~

And advice me if i get wrong~~

Have a nice day sich
wjwong
Novice

Return to DC Motor