ESC

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

ESC

Postby robertsoon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Why do I still need to use ESC for DC motor on UAV if I'm gonna use MCU, which itself has the PWM output? Why can't I straight connect the DC brushless motor to the MCU for the PWM output?
robertsoon

Re: ESC

Postby ABSF » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:59 pm

It's the same reason as you cant connect a Microphone directly to a speaker. :? :shock:

The reason is driving power. The MCU doesnt have the strength to drive a motor even though it has the required waveform. :mrgreen:

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:09 am

Yup, allen is right.

Not only the power, also the method to drive brushless motor. As I understand, driving brushless is not only giving power, you require some special method to drive it, something like stepper motor :roll: , so a driver or ESC is needed. BTW, what is ESC stand for?
robosang
Expert

Postby ABSF » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Not only the power, also the method to drive brushless motor. As I understand, driving brushless is not only giving power, you require some special method to drive it, something like stepper motor , so a driver or ESC is needed. BTW, what is ESC stand for?

I think it stands for "Electronic Speed Control". I wouldnt have known about this term if I didnt answer another post some weeks ago also asking about ESC - at first I though it stands for the "Escape" key on PC.

For "UAV", I think it is some kind of automated Vechicle used on the moon :mrgreen: Sorry! too lazy to look up in google.

p/s Has Cytron changed the format of this forum? Really missed the "QUOTE" button the the top right corner...

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:04 pm

ABSF WROTE:I think it stands for "Electronic Speed Control". I wouldnt have known about this term if I didnt answer another post some weeks ago also asking about ESC - at first I though it stands for the "Escape" key on PC.

p/s Has Cytron changed the format of this forum? Really missed the "QUOTE" button the the top right corner...
Allen

Allen, thanks! I am lazy to google too, sometimes :mrgreen:

Anyway I know what is UAV, Unmanned Ariel Vehicle, basically is a automatic flying machine, without remote control. Cytron did some project about it and did share it in their RH2T magazine.
robosang
Expert

Return to DC Motor