Program Loading Problem of a PIC877A

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Program Loading Problem of a PIC877A

Postby Ali » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Dear all,
Hello,

I am recently running a DC brush motor with MD10C and PIC877A .
I am having problem to load the program on the PIC.

Connecton shows that its ok but when the program is loaded I dont get the expected output.
How can I check either the PIC is loaded successfully or not?
Thank you very much.
Ali

Re: Program Loading Problem of a PIC877A

Postby robosang » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:53 pm

You need to let us know what are you using, PICkit2? UIC00B? ICD2? ICD3? How is the connection, what is the result? etc.... How can we help without those information?
robosang
Expert

Postby ABSF » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:28 am

Ali WROTE:I am having problem to load the program on the PIC.

Connecton shows that its ok but when the program is loaded I dont get the expected output.

Agreed with robosang, there is not enough details in your post for people to offer help. First you said you have problem to load program on the PIC - what problem? Program or hardware? :?

Then you said connection is OK and program is loaded (I think you mean running)........but dont get expected output - What output is expected? Is your program written correctly, compiled correctly, software comptible with your hardware ? :roll:

All these informations are essential. :mrgreen:

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby Ali » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:46 am

robosang WROTE:You need to let us know what are you using, PICkit2? UIC00B? ICD2? ICD3? How is the connection, what is the result? etc.... How can we help without those information?

Thank you very much for your response.
I am using PICkit2 and UIC00B. The connection i did as it is suggested in the manual of these products.
So I think there is no problem with hardware connections. When I compile Software is also building the program successfully and I was just testing the LED on/off program and motor shaft rotates program using the code from cytron website.

But neither the LED on/off nor Motor rotational program is giving output result even though after running the program there is no error.

I would like to know the main point such as:
How can I know that the program donloaded successfully I mean to check the memory of the PIC?

I also get the follwoing message after compilation:

Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
PICkit 2 Unit ID = UIC00B V1.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PIC16F877A found (Rev 0x8)
PICkit 2 Ready

if I change the settings then I get following message:
Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.63
PICkit 2 Settings: Using target power always.
PK2Error0023: Target Vdd measured at 0.00V which is outside the programmable range of this device ( 4.50V - 5.50V)
PICkit 2 Ready

How can i get the target power and what is the target power in this case?
Thank you very much again.
Ali

Postby Ali » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:48 am

ABSF WROTE:
Ali WROTE:I am having problem to load the program on the PIC.

Agreed with robosang, there is not enough details in your post for people to offer help. First you said you have problem to load program on the PIC - what problem? Program or hardware? :?

Then you said connection is OK and program is loaded (I think you mean running)........but dont get expected output - What output is expected? Is your program written correctly, compiled correctly, software comptible with your hardware ? :roll:

All these informations are essential. :mrgreen:

Allen

Thank you very much for your response.
I am using PICkit2 and UIC00B. The connection i did as it is suggested in the manual of these products.
So I think there is no problem with hardware connections. When I compile Software is also building the program successfully and I was just testing the LED on/off program and motor shaft rotates program using the code from cytron website.

But neither the LED on/off nor Motor rotational program is giving output result even though after running the program there is no error.

I would like to know the main point such as:
How can I know that the program donloaded successfully I mean to check the memory of the PIC?

I also get the follwoing message after compilation:

Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PIC16F877A found (Rev 0x8)
PICkit 2 Ready

if I change the settings then I get following message:
Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.63
PICkit 2 Settings: Using target power always.
PK2Error0023: Target Vdd measured at 0.00V which is outside the programmable range of this device ( 4.50V - 5.50V)
PICkit 2 Ready

How can i get the target power and what is the target power in this case?
Ali

Postby ABSF » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:54 pm

PC -> USB -> UIC00B -> 10PinPlug -> PIC PCB

The PIC PCB is your target board. Did you connect power (+5V) to your target board during programming?

There should be a message saying that the programming is successful inside a green block. You can check by reading the data inside the PIC and display it on the windows. But it is either in HEX or in asm codes.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby Ali » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 pm

ABSF WROTE:PC -> USB -> UIC00B -> 10PinPlug -> PIC PCB

The PIC PCB is your target board. Did you connect power (+5V) to your target board during programming?

There should be a message saying that the programming is successful inside a green block. You can check by reading the data inside the PIC and display it on the windows. But it is either in HEX or in asm codes.

Allen

Thank you very much.
Already connected power to the PIC PCB board by the 12V adapter bought from cytron with the SK40C. Its just shows that the build is successfull but i checked the hex value and it is not updated at all.
Ali

Postby robosang » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm

I think you are using PICkit2 under MPLAB IDE. PICkit 2 Programmer Program will not have those settings :lol: .

Capture a photo of your hardware and share it here. Yes, many also claimed they follow exactly the steps, yet it turn out the other way at the end :mrgreen:

Print screen your MPLAB IDE when you compile and load program.
robosang
Expert

Postby Ali » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 pm

robosang WROTE:I think you are using PICkit2 under MPLAB IDE. PICkit 2 Programmer Program will not have those settings :lol: .

Capture a photo of your hardware and share it here. Yes, many also claimed they follow exactly the steps, yet it turn out the other way at the end :mrgreen:

Print screen your MPLAB IDE when you compile and load program.

Thank you very much.Yes I am using PICkit2.Please have a look to these figures.[attach
4.png
This message I got when during setting PICkit2 and Hardware connections
4.png (495.39 KiB) Viewed 4752 times

sorry tyhe figures are not very clear because i took the snap shot by a webcam but hopefully you can understand.
Attachments
3.png
3.png (507.43 KiB) Viewed 4752 times
1.png
2.png
Ali

Postby ABSF » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:20 pm

I have never programmed my PIC via MPLAB. I always assemble my program in MPLAB, than take the HEX file and load it into the Pickit2 program and burn my code from the pickit2 program using ICSP. My hardware is about the same as yours.

So, just now I startup my MPLAB and hooked up my UIC00B to the USB, the green LED came out. Then I go to MPLAB and select "PROGRAMMER>select programmer>9. PICKIT2", the the orange LED came out and I get the same message as yours. Then I plugged in my target board and switched on the power for my target and I do the selection again, but the orange LED still not going away.

Then I do "PROGRAMMER>select programmer>None" and then "PROGRAMMER>select programmer>9. PICKIT2" again. Then the orange LED went away and the Red LED came out for 1/2 second. The voltage from my target is being detected again.

You can try and see if it work for you.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Next

Return to DC Motor