Servo Motor Help!!!

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Servo Motor Help!!!

Postby tancyew » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hey guys, I have recently purchased an analog servo motor from cytron and i would like to know what should I do to control the servo motor speed using the PIC. I already found out the way to generate PWM to move the motor but I couldn't find a way to tune the motor speed... Can anyone help me please??? >.< Thanks!!!
tancyew
Freshie

Re: Servo Motor Help!!!

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 pm

tancyew WROTE:Hey guys, I have recently purchased an analog servo motor from cytron and i would like to know what should I do to control the servo motor speed using the PIC. I already found out the way to generate PWM to move the motor but I couldn't find a way to tune the motor speed... Can anyone help me please??? >.< Thanks!!!

Hi,

Have you look at this: http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/09/1 ... rvo-works/ :)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby tancyew » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Hey bro thanks for the link but I can't find anything related to controlling the motor speed... I can turn the motor already but I just can't reduce or increase the rotation speed!!! Any help would be great! thanks!
tancyew
Freshie

Postby robosang » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 am

obviously, you din study what is RC Servo, though I do not know what is the link given by zhenning talks about.

Controlling RC Servo is about wanting the servo to move to a position, or sometime called angle. The fasted speed is defined in second/60 degree. Let's say you get 1 second/60 degree means that servo can rotate 60 degree in 1 second, that is the maximum, so how about minimum? No ones give minimum speed because is controlled by user, not the motor itself!

Think!
robosang
Expert

Postby tancyew » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 pm

robosang WROTE:obviously, you din study what is RC Servo, though I do not know what is the link given by zhenning talks about.

Controlling RC Servo is about wanting the servo to move to a position, or sometime called angle. The fasted speed is defined in second/60 degree. Let's say you get 1 second/60 degree means that servo can rotate 60 degree in 1 second, that is the maximum, so how about minimum? No ones give minimum speed because is controlled by user, not the motor itself!

Think!

Hey robosang, thanks for the reply, I found the only way is to slowly ask the servo motor to rotate at a smaller angle and in slow increment from A to be rather than directly from A to be, but It ends up the motor being jerky. Will PID helps in smoothing the motions? Thanks im really new to PIC programming sorry @@ ! :oops:
tancyew
Freshie

Postby shahrul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 am

To slow down servo motor, just slow down the position.
Ex directly. 0 degree (1s) --> 180 degree (1s)
Slow down. 0 degree (1s) --> 45 degree (1s) --> 90 degree (1s) --> 135 degree (1s) --> 180 degree (1s)
You can get smoothly by smaller the degree changes and calibrate the time every position.

Sorry, I'm weak in explanation, not good in English Language, C Language better.
shahrul
Professional

Postby robosang » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 am

shahrul WROTE:Sorry, I'm weak in explanation, not good in English Language, C Language better.

I like this!
robosang
Expert

Postby tancyew » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:13 pm

shahrul WROTE:To slow down servo motor, just slow down the position.
Ex directly. 0 degree (1s) --> 180 degree (1s)
Slow down. 0 degree (1s) --> 45 degree (1s) --> 90 degree (1s) --> 135 degree (1s) --> 180 degree (1s)
You can get smoothly by smaller the degree changes and calibrate the time every position.

Sorry, I'm weak in explanation, not good in English Language, C Language better.

Thanks bro it really helps! =) I understand what you are trying to say!!! thanks! :lol:
tancyew
Freshie

Return to DC Motor