Cannot Control motor speed

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Cannot Control motor speed

Postby LiP » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I tried to control SPG30E-30K DC geared motor with PWM signal from Arduino Mega.

PWM with high value will well functioning, however when PWM < 180 the motor will stop moving and have a weird sound coming from motor. motor driver LED indicator for motor pin 1 & 2 are on.

I had tried different motor driver like 4-channel motor driver (FD04A) and Arduino motor shield but still facing the same problem.
I had already multi confirm that all circuit connection and programming have no problem (testing by using other type motor).

Need Help,thx...
LiP
Fledgling

Re: Cannot Control motor speed

Postby shahrul » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:22 pm

LiP WROTE:I tried to control SPG30E-30K DC geared motor with PWM signal from Arduino Mega.

PWM with high value will well functioning, however when PWM < 180 the motor will stop moving and have a weird sound coming from motor. motor driver LED indicator for motor pin 1 & 2 are on.

I had tried different motor driver like 4-channel motor driver (FD04A) and Arduino motor shield but still facing the same problem.
I had already multi confirm that all circuit connection and programming have no problem (testing by using other type motor).

Need Help,thx...

Depends on dc motor, sometimes low duty cycle can't move the motor.
That 180 is maybe out of 255, so 70% duty cycle. 70% is still high, then other effect is the frequency. Normally use 10kHz to 50kHz PWM.
shahrul
Professional

Return to DC Motor