Encoder DC motors similar to Servo motors that rotates 360?

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

Encoder DC motors similar to Servo motors that rotates 360?

Postby Ken2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:25 pm

May i know how does the Cytron's encoder motor work? Is it suitable if i want to program the motor to rotate 18 degree then stop or rotate 360 degree + 52 degree (total rotation 412 degree) then stop it.
Ken2

Re: Encoder DC motors similar to Servo motors that rotates 3

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:31 am

Which motor with encoder? Maybe a specific model or link to that product will help.
robosang
Expert

Postby Ken2 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 pm

Thx for Replying. for example the SPG30E-300K: http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... %20Encoder
there are others model SPG30E, but i dont understand the specification given by Cytron
Resolution of the encoder output:
3 pulses per rear shaft revolution, single channel output
900 counts per main shaft revolution
i just need to program motor that rotate clockwise 1082 degree then stop then return back into it's initial state. Is the DC Gear Motor with Encoder advisable to use. Thx.
Ken2

Postby robosang » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:57 am

I do not have that motor, but looking at the description and the spec, it can perform what you want, but you need a microcontroller to read the encoder feedback and decide where to stop the motor.

Basically it is just a combination of DC geared motor with quadrature encoder at the back, so when motor rotate, the encoder produce pulses to indicate the rotation or position.

I would suggest you to check out tutorial by Cytron in their tutorial site: Quadrature Encoder to understand what is encoder means.
robosang
Expert

Return to DC Motor