MD13S Motor Driver with Arduino PID Controller

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

MD13S Motor Driver with Arduino PID Controller

Postby SoraJayson » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Hey all, I have a question to ask. Is it possible to use MD13S with Arduino to operate as a PID Controller for a DC motor?
I search the web look for tutorial but can't seem to find one, so i tried to change and learn from other PID controller coding.
So my question here is, I saw most people use L298N as their motor driver for the PID controller. Since L298N has ENA,ENB,In1,In2, can I know how to convert that do Md13s? Cause MD13S only got PWM,DIR,MA,MB unlike L298N. Can somebody explain this for me? I'm trying my best to understand, also please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm willing to learn.
SoraJayson
Greenhorn

Re: MD13S Motor Driver with Arduino PID Controller

Postby Idris » Wed May 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi SoraJayson,

As I know, PID is a method for controlling. It's like 2 different topics between PID and controlling motor. My suggestion:
1. Learn and understand how the motor driver works - control motor direction and speed.
2. Learn and understand how to write PID in coding - what is set point, error and gain. What do you want to achieve by implementing PID in your system?

Then keep trying to integrate both of this. It will take time, but it is worth.

Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to DC Motor