how to the functionality of a keypad using LED??

FYP Starter Pack, ICs, Voltage Regulator, Resistor, Capacitor......

how to the functionality of a keypad using LED??

Postby yasotha padmanathan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi, im doing my final year project, and im assigned to test the functionality of my components. How can i test the functionality of 4x3 softpad keypad? is it necessary to use a micro-controller? i must show that, if i press the button 1 in keypad, the LED must light on. can anyone give some ideas?
yasotha padmanathan
Novice

Re: how to test functionality of keypad using LED??

Postby ABSF » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 pm

yasotha padmanathan WROTE:Hi, im doing my final year project, and im assigned to test the functionality of my components. How can i test the functionality of 4x3 softpad keypad? is it necessary to use a micro-controller? i must show that, if i press the button 1 in keypad, the LED must light on. can anyone give some ideas?

There are many articles on the net that teach you how to interface a 3x4 or 4x4 keypad to the PIC and here is one:

PIC Tutorial  Nine - HEX Keypad
http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial9.htm

But first you have to learn the hardware and the language used by PIC and make the controller board in tutorials one and two. Use google to get more info on how to interface to keypad using keywords like "keypad interfacing to PIC"

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Re: how to the functionality of a keypad using LED??

Postby yasotha padmanathan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:32 pm

thx allen. i'l try to get more info on the net.
yasotha padmanathan
Novice

Re: how to the functionality of a keypad using LED??

Postby royalstorm7 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 am

hi yasotha padmanathan
if the focus only want to test the keypad....multi meter can give u a faster result...just select tu the continuity mode and trace the matrix...try to find the line and collum lead...then every button have to give a low resistance reading between two respective lead...if u a newbie...these matrix switches is not necessary..as alternative u can use one tact sw as one digital input which is much more simple to programme. so u can reduce ur no of switches by apply multi tasking for that kind of switch...have a nice try

tq
roslan
royalstorm7@yahoo.com
find me in facebook
royalstorm7
Apprentice

Return to Electronic Component