[WTB] Transient Voltage Suppressor(TVS)~20V clamped

FYP Starter Pack, ICs, Voltage Regulator, Resistor, Capacitor......

[WTB] Transient Voltage Suppressor(TVS)~20V clamped

Postby mtaufiq23 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 am

as stated in the title...where can i buy this component..i cant seem to find it here in cytron...any suggestion guys?
mtaufiq23
Greenhorn

Re: [WTB] Transient Voltage Suppressor(TVS)~20V clamped

Postby ABSF » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:33 am

mtaufiq23 WROTE:as stated in the title...where can i buy this component..i cant seem to find it here in cytron...any suggestion guys?

Yes, they are available from Cytron. TVS was listed as Varistor MOV and they are available in 3 families of different current range - D07,D10 & D14. "07D220K" has a varistor voltage of 20~24V at 2.5A.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Re: [WTB] Transient Voltage Suppressor(TVS)~20V clamped

Postby mtaufiq23 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:57 am

ABSF WROTE:
mtaufiq23 WROTE:as stated in the title...where can i buy this component..i cant seem to find it here in cytron...any suggestion guys?

Yes, they are available from Cytron. TVS was listed as Varistor MOV and they are available in 3 families of different current range - D07,D10 & D14. "07D220K" has a varistor voltage of 20~24V at 2.5A.

Allen

thnx for the answer...my input is ac sine wave up to 300Vac,6A from my bike's alternator...i want to suppress this input using TVS to 12Vac (17 Vpeak), means that i want to clamp the transient voltage to 12Vac and lower the current to <1A(mA) for protection consideration..then i full rectified it....next, i feed the rectified wave to smoothing cap & then to input of 7805 regulator to output clean 5V for PIC...

1) so what TVS from cytron is suitable for my requirement ?
2) if this not possible, :| i will have to use transformer...which one in cytron is suitable for my requirement? the smaller the better coz i want to mount it on my donut board....
3) if there is other simple way, feel free to tell me... :roll:
mtaufiq23
Greenhorn

Return to Electronic Component