5 DOF IMU

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

5 DOF IMU

Postby gondolf8358 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:52 am

I need to know the actual angular rate (deg/s) but the outputs of the angular rates measured by the IMU are both in analog signal (voltage). Does anyone have an idea on how convert it to deg/s? Thanks in advance.
gondolf8358
Fledgling

Re: 5 DOF IMU

Postby waiweng83 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:21 am

Please refer to the datasheet of the IDG-300. It's stated there the sensitivity is 2.0mV/deg/s.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby wtf » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:13 pm

The schematic that can be downloaded is incomplete. It only shows the connection on one side. The four connection on the other side is not stated. The connections are marked as X4.5,Y4.5,PTAT, and AZ. What are this connections for? I just received the 5DOF today and dont really know anything abut it. Besides the 3.3V and GND, are there any connections that must be plugged to make it function? I will connect the independent output of the gyroscope and accelerometer based on my needs.
wtf
Freshie

Postby ober » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:11 pm

wtf WROTE:The schematic that can be downloaded is incomplete. It only shows the connection on one side. The four connection on the other side is not stated. The connections are marked as X4.5,Y4.5,PTAT, and AZ.

I think our team have just updated the schematic & data sheet at the product page. I have checked the schematic provided, the extra pins provided is connected to IDG500, is pin 7, 14, 23 & 24 respectively. And to be exact, it should be X4.5OUT, Y4.5OUT.

What are this connections for? I just received the 5DOF today and dont really know anything abut it. Besides the 3.3V and GND, are there any connections that must be plugged to make it function? I will connect the independent output of the gyroscope and accelerometer based on my needs.

IMU is quite an advance sensor, it alone will provide Gyro and Accelerometer output, you will a processor to read those output and apply what we call "filter" to integrate those information and get degree changes in certain axis. Basically 3.3V and GND is sufficient for it to function, anyway you will still need to refer the data sheet for more information.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby zulazfar86 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:27 pm

hi gondolf8358

i found something that maybe helpful to you

http://www.starlino.com/imu_guide.html

8-)
zulazfar86

Postby hyng » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:18 pm

zulazfar86 WROTE:hi gondolf8358

i found something that maybe helpful to you

http://www.starlino.com/imu_guide.html

8-)

useful site~ thanks~! ;)
hyng

Postby ladyZ » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:23 pm

i am doing some research on dead reckoning system by using 5 DOF IMU..
can u please guide me how?
what kind of algorithm that i need to apply?
tq..
ladyZ
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:57 am

ladyZ, can you explain what is Dead Reckoning System?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby lordtct » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 am

ladyZ WROTE:i am doing some research on dead reckoning system by using 5 DOF IMU..
can u please guide me how?
what kind of algorithm that i need to apply?
tq..

You only need to double integrate from a known starting point for each of the 5 DoFs. No magical algorithms needed.
lordtct
Freshie

Postby ladyZ » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 am

hye..

ober WROTE:ladyZ, can you explain what is Dead Reckoning System?

dead reckoning is a system that we improved from the previous findings..
im focusing on mobile robot's position angle..

You only need to double integrate from a known starting point for each of the 5 DoFs. No magical algorithms needed.[/quote]

what is the double integrate that you mean?

lastly but not least..
i didnt get the latest update of IMU 5 DOF's schematic..which page i hv 2 refer?
thankz 4 ur attention..
ladyZ
Greenhorn

Next

Return to Sensor