5 DOF IMU

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Re: 5 DOF IMU

Postby ober » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:46 pm

ladyZ WROTE:i didnt get the latest update of IMU 5 DOF's schematic..which page i hv 2 refer?
thankz 4 ur attention..

The product page of 5DOF IMU, there is links under "Useful Document", should have the schematic there.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby gilbertgan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm

I already have a ADXL335 with me now. If i buy another gyro, do I get the same thing with IMU? So, i can just refer to this IMU's datasheet?

I didnt know i need gyro before this. :roll:
gilbertgan
Freshie

Postby kl84 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am

ladyZ WROTE:i am doing some research on dead reckoning system by using 5 DOF IMU..
can u please guide me how?
what kind of algorithm that i need to apply?
tq..

maybe you can have a look at this project http://www.geology.smu.edu/~dpa-www/robo/Encoder/imu_odo/
kl84
Amateur

Postby kazaa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

hi...i have a problem reading imu sensor from DAQ.....1st of all i'm not sure about the pins and its purpose...reading the data sheet makes me more confused because the data sheet is for gyro and accelerometer separated...what is PTAT,AZ,ST and RAW???
moreover, i connected a 3.3v at Vref is that correct?
kazaa
Fledgling

Postby waiweng83 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:25 pm

kazaa WROTE:...reading the data sheet makes me more confused because the data sheet is for gyro and accelerometer separated...

The IMU is actually 2 separated gyro and accelerometer chips mounted on the same PCB. They functions independently.
Thus, you will need to refer to both datasheet.

kazaa WROTE:what is PTAT,AZ,ST and RAW???

PTATS (Gyro) - Temperature sensor output.
AZ (Gyro) - Auto Zero control pin. Leave this pin unconnected if not used.
ST (Acc) - Self Test control pin. Leave this pin unconnected if not used.
RAW - Where did you find this pin? There is no such pin on the IMU.

kazaa WROTE:moreover, i connected a 3.3v at Vref is that correct?

No, that's not correct. The Vref pin is the reference voltage OUTPUT from the gyro. Connecting 3.3V to this pin may spoil the gyro.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby extidus » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 pm

hello i bought the IMU board recently and i have some doubt

adxl335 requires 3V 350uA supply
IDG-500 requires 3v 7mA quiescent current

at the raw pin which i should be supply 3.3v to it but how many should i give or limiting it? since i'm using a 9V battery passing L7805CV voltage regulator and comes to this LM1117T-3.3 voltage regulator.
extidus
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 pm

extidus WROTE:at the raw pin which i should be supply 3.3v to it but how many should i give or limiting it? since i'm using a 9V battery passing L7805CV voltage regulator and comes to this LM1117T-3.3 voltage regulator.

Let me ask a question back to you, if current is needed to be limit, how are you going to limit it? 8-)
robosang
Expert

Postby extidus » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:32 pm

robosang WROTE:Let me ask a question back to you, if current is needed to be limit, how are you going to limit it? 8-)

by putting a resistor in series to load and another in parallel with it? :?
extidus
Greenhorn

Postby mieto » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:31 pm

my project(gait monitoring which is portable and wireless). i need help about how to connect or calibrate or whatever u guys call.. between IMU and XBee..

also, which wireless sensor is suitable for this project.. it is XBee or zigbee or else??
please rescue me...
mieto
Fledgling

Postby robosang » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:40 pm

There is no calibration, XBee is just sending/receiving data wirelessly, nothing special. However, you will need to setup the pairing address correctly, you can try searching topic in Cytron tutorial, they did quite some project using XBee.
robosang
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sensor