how to display ph measurement at webpage (PHP)

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

how to display ph measurement at webpage (PHP)

Postby ABE » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:06 pm

i want to make the measurement of water level ph through our webpage which is PHP,internet.

is it impossible?

i had already construct it's circuit, PHP webpage, and PIC16F877A.
So, i want to monitor the water ph measurement through our PHP webpage.

what that i need?
what software and what hardware device needed?

do help me pliz...... :cry:
ABE
Greenhorn

Re: how to display ph measurement at webpage (PHP)

Postby sich » Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

It's possible.
For web application, PIC18F67J60 or other chips come with ethernet feature is more suitable. However, you can use ENC28J60 with your PIC16F877A too.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby lordtct » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:01 am

you could relay the readings from your PIC MCU to a host computer (preferably running Linux since you're using PHP) via RS232. This won't take more than few lines in C18 or mikroC.

Server side, you could use PHP's
CODE: SELECT_ALL_CODE
fopen("COM1:", "r+w")
to send (fputs) a code word to the PIC and have the PIC return (fread) the pH readings. This would incur quite some overhead if the page is requested often, so you might want to write a proxy application to write the pH values to a file every so often instead.

Hope that helped!
lordtct
Freshie

Postby happyrush » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 am

Hi there,

You need to create a host server at your MCU, and then your host server can upload value to PHP.

i have tried on PIC32 from microchip, they give the TCP/IP stack, can direct use.If you are a begineer of MCU, you might not able to do this,because PIC32 is a 32bit MCU, unless you are very good in their C compiler.

you can also use PIC18F, TCP/IP stack also provided.You can find all the information at http://www.microchip.com
happyrush
Novice

Return to Sensor