Sharp Analog Distance measuring object in an uneven angle?

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Sharp Analog Distance measuring object in an uneven angle?

Postby ©©© » Thu May 27, 2010 12:59 am

Hello there. Does anyone knows the the tolerance level for the Sharp Analog Distance Sensor (4-30cm) to measure an angled wall.

From what i see the figure in the datasheet; the wall which the sensor reflects to is angled straight to the sensor or 0 degrees, is it possible to measure the wall let say if the sensor is positioned 10-15degrees away from the wall? THANK YOU GUYS.

If not possible so, can you guys reccomend a different technique/sensor?
©©©
Fledgling

Re: Sharp Analog Distance measuring object in an uneven angle?

Postby ober » Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 pm

©©© WROTE:From what i see the figure in the datasheet; the wall which the sensor reflects to is angled straight to the sensor or 0 degrees, is it possible to measure the wall let say if the sensor is positioned 10-15degrees away from the wall? THANK YOU GUYS.

Not sure about the tolerance angle of the sensor. But the sensor is designed to detect the distance from flat surface (normal angle) in front of the sensor. If you have 10 to 15 degree of angle to the sensor, the Infrared from the sensor might not be able to be reflected back or in some case, distorted and hence affecting the distance result.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Re: Sharp Analog Distance measuring object in an uneven angl

Postby ongrongsan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm

I am using pic 18F4550, can I get the source code for Sharp Analog Distance Sensor (4-30cm)?
I already make a lot of effort, but still fail to get the accurate distance.
ongrongsan
Greenhorn

Postby shahrul » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 am

ongrongsan WROTE:I am using pic 18F4550, can I get the source code for Sharp Analog Distance Sensor (4-30cm)?
I already make a lot of effort, but still fail to get the accurate distance.

What is your application?
I think not many people get the accurate distance, but just get the range either it's greater than or lower than.
shahrul
Professional

Postby ongrongsan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:31 pm

My application is detect the distance object as measuring instrument sensor to get exact value. Has any coding for this type of sensor? at cytron website only provide the formula for Analog Distance Sensor (SN-GP2Y0A21). So have any coding or formula for this type SN-GP2D120XJ00F :roll: ?
ongrongsan
Greenhorn

Postby waiweng83 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:13 pm

ongrongsan WROTE:My application is detect the distance object as measuring instrument sensor to get exact value. Has any coding for this type of sensor? at cytron website only provide the formula for Analog Distance Sensor (SN-GP2Y0A21). So have any coding or formula for this type SN-GP2D120XJ00F :roll: ?

You can change the formula by yourself. Just refer to the sensitivity of the SN-GP2D120XJ00F and change accordingly.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Return to Sensor