Monkey repellent Project

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Monkey repellent Project

Postby shazzam » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:16 am

Hi guys,

Need your expertise...

I am not an electronic guy. I am just a farmer. Really need some help in producing a simple & not costly gadget that can repel monkeys that frequently destroying my fruit trees. Infact this would also help other farmers having the same problem with the monkeys.

The gadget that in my mind is as follows:- It has PIR and alarm system which have a playback sound of a dogs barking or rifle firing or just high frequency buzz. Once it detect monkey it will play the sound for 2 minit and than stop if no movement. It must be battery operated. We need to place it around the parameter.

Please guys help me Which product I need to buy. I dont want to kill them but if it continues, I will lost my farm.
shazzam
Freshie

Re: Monkey repellent Project

Postby sich » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 pm

You got an interesting idea! May refer to this diy project.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby shazzam » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Thanks sich. I have browsed through all the project. I just want to know, in order to make my project what items that I need to add to the alarm diy project. To make more effective, meaning the device can burst out a recorded sound. Your all the expert, please advice me. I will purchase it and assemble it as per your guidance. I am new in this electronic envirnm. Plsss
shazzam
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 pm

hi,

sich refered u the the DIY project of cytron which is the alarm with motion detector ( PIR sensor)

Alarm System:Motion Detector
http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=KyIrFgIxOCcLJwcBGjk5E31oIGWoKcQfYgDV3CYff64=&store=

but some modification is needed to change the alarm sound to the one needed by u which is dog barking.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby sich » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Ohya, i forgot that Cytron has this Voice Recording & Playback project set. By adding amplifier to the audio output, you can play the dog barking sound loud enough to scare the monkey away.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby shazzam » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:21 pm

hi Sich,

Agreed and I have read both projects before I post my question. The only thing I need some guideline is how to combine both projects? Hope yu can help. Thanks
shazzam
Freshie

Postby ober » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:55 am

Shazzam, this is a great project. Really want to see your project working, do share the progress with us.

You really need to study the circuit interface and programming in order to make a good integration and modification.

To get started, you can try to integrate PIR sensor into PR17 (Voice recording and playback), the hardware need to be ready for a microcontroller software to be tested. just assume that PIR sensor is a normal digital input such as a push button. Make following assumption:
If push button is press, PIR sensor senses monkey in the range and your program should activate the voice recorded for wanted period of time, let's say 2 minutes as you suggested and after that period of time, you check your the push button again (PIR sensor) to deactivate the voice.

Some thing like that, of course improvement and modification still a lot, this is just a start. welcome to the world of electronics project. Is fun!
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby shazzam » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Thanks ober for your info. I do my best.
shazzam
Freshie

Postby shazzam » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi. For your guys information. We have cancelled this project. Instead we are installing an electric fence as it is more effective.

Thanks guys for the support given.
shazzam
Freshie

Postby ober » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Oh :shock: Really? OK, anyway thanks for informing us.

I do really hope to see the project. Chasing away those monkeys would be fun! Maybe can write article with it 8-)
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Next

Return to Sensor