human following sensor

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

human following sensor

Postby hidayat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:22 pm

firstly i'm really sorry if my posting are not at the suitable place.
I want to do autonomous trolley robot that can follow human back at the constant range.
What is the suitable sensor that i should used in term of price and percent of successful??
Hope anybody can help me.. thank you so much.
hidayat
Greenhorn

Re: human following sensor

Postby yonghui » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:59 pm

thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby lordtct » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 am

Your robot needs to be able to "seek out" the human by looking for signatures. This could be done by (in ascending order of "invasiveness" and price):

1. Machine vision - Detects and follow any humanoid object. If your bot runs LabVIEW this is probably the best solution. Camera: RM400. EEEPC: RM1000. LabVIEW: Academic license.

2. RF pinging - Your human subject needs to carry an RF transmitter. Your bot will receive the RF ping signal through at least 3 directional RF antennas, triangulate his direction and find him! RF xmitter: RM25, 3x receivers: RM75. Microcontroller: RM35.

3. visible light/IR pinging - Similar to 2. but instead of RF, you will use visible light or infrared. Good luck maintaining a line-of-sight btwn the transmitter and receiver though =)
High power IR LED: RM5, 8 phototransistors RM16. Microcontroller: RM35.

Have fun!
lordtct
Freshie

Postby ppro » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:40 pm

@lordtct

can tell us more about the third method? how to calculate the direction? why 8 phototransistors? any article you can suggest me to read more about this method?

thanks...
ppro
Freshie

Postby happyrush » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:36 am

Hi there,

This project just as simple as using an ultrasonic range finder to make sure trolley is always a constant distance from you.

There is a lot of circuit about ultrasonic range finder even module also a lot.
happyrush
Novice

Return to Sensor