Flexiforce Voltage to Force conversion

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Flexiforce Voltage to Force conversion

Postby Ran » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm currently doing my final year project regarding the force sensing resistors FSR-402 and FSR-406 (Interlink Electronics). I'm connecting these FSRs to Voltage divider and follwer before entering microcontroller PIC18F4550. After that, the output from the microcontroller to computer is in voltage unit, how can i convert the voltage output to force? as in my project, the result needs to concern with force applied... Anyone know about this conversion? so that i can add and modify my PIC code programming to get the force output?

Please, your help is highly appreciated...

Thanks a lot...
Ran
Fledgling

Re: Flexiforce Voltage to Force conversion

Postby kl84 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:55 am

Ran WROTE:how can i convert the voltage output to force?

The datasheet of the sensor you got should have this info. Normally it's just some math operations converting the analog value you read from the sensor to the actual force value.
kl84
Amateur

Re: Flexiforce Voltage to Force conversion

Postby tanminggui » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Hello, I know this post is long time ago but I hope you can reply me.

I have a same FSR-402 and wish to convert from analog value to force as well. From data sheet I manage to do all the maths and form the equation for the conversion. However, the detectable range for FSR 402 is only up to 10kg and some previous researchers had used FSR402 to detect up to around 50kg.

So my question is, is there any method to detect weight that is more than 10kg by using this FSR 402?

Thank you.
tanminggui

Return to Sensor