Looking for participants for server room monitoring solution

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Looking for participants for server room monitoring solution

Postby stan001 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi all,

I'm developing a server room monitoring solution (hardware&software) using sensors like temp, humidity, smoke, voltage, water and so on..

Looking for others like similar interests or electronic students to jointly develop this product or a module of it...

My location is in KL/PJ..

Thank you for reading..

Pls PM me for details if you are interested...
--
Arduino for Beginners Blog
http://arduino-for-beginners.blogspot.com/
stan001
Novice

Re: Looking for participants for server room monitoring solution

Postby shahrul » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Monioring using what device? Just LCD, or HMI, or wireless?
shahrul
Professional

Postby stan001 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:34 am

Linux +microcontroller combo solution..

I've a historical graphing and alert solution developed on linux to monitor various server & network stats...

I plan to use AVR/Arduino mc for the external sensors and redirect the sensors readings to an internal serial port and hv linux pickup those readings.

Another options could be either wired (ethernet/serisl) or wireless (xbee,bluetooth,wifi,etc) to send in the sensor readings over the network or wireless...

The mc is acting as a wired/wireless clients to the linux server...
--
stan001
Novice

Postby shahrul » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:12 am

Owh, I don't have capability yet. Good luck on project.
shahrul
Professional

Postby happyrush » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:52 pm

If we joined you then what is the benefit you can provide?i propose you to use PIC32, because they provide TCP/IP protocol stack, such a real time data acquisition need a operating system, you can use FreeRTOS, is a very good multitasking and very small OS for MCU and it is open source.

if you can provide more details please forward your specification or your design block diagram to happyrush@live.com
happyrush
Novice

Postby ober » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Well, is good project and sharing if you intend to share it.

Anyway since I am super busy with Cytron own work, and have my own project wish list, and not available at KL, don think I can join the group. Anyway you are always welcome this forum to share, and discuss the problem that you might faced.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby stan001 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 pm

happyrush WROTE:If we joined you then what is the benefit you can provide?i propose you to use PIC32, because they provide TCP/IP protocol stack, such a real time data acquisition need a operating system, you can use FreeRTOS, is a very good multitasking and very small OS for MCU and it is open source.

if you can provide more details please forward your specification or your design block diagram to happyrush@live.com

I'm looking for partners to jointly built this product/solution.

If we share all the responsibility like product design, hardware & software development and also financial investment, we can start a company, market & sell the product and split the profits according to the company share.

What the pros and cons of using PIC32 vs AVR/Atmel ?

I've no experience with PIC32 before...

The TCP/IP & storage portion would be taken care by Embedded Linux...

On sharing the codes.... my views are :-

If most of the codes are contributed by open source community, then I will share the codes and design with the community.

If I've to pay someone to design the hardware or write the software, then those section would remain close sourced until I get back my investment.

I strongly believe in open source as the design/codes can be scrutinized/reviewed by the community before being commercialized.
--
stan001
Novice

Postby happyrush » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:05 am

hi stan001,

PIC32 and AVR is likely the same, but PIC32 is more support provided by the Microchip, it is running 80Mhz , 32bit MCU and compiler is free.

If you have an embedded linux, then it is easy. You can make your system more expendable by using Zigbee.Why zigbee? it is a very low power and Zigbee protocol is very easy.Each of your sensor can be stick to a zigbee wireless, then the reading data can send to the host when your embedded linux system perform a request.

By using Zigbee, your system can communicate with multiple sensors with very low cost and does not require any complicated setup.

So you are finding partner to setup a company.But i only can share my technical for you, because of some reasons so if you have any thing such as firmware programming,circuit design, PCB design and even produce the PCB board,you can email me, i have full resources on making products or i can provide some information for you.

Good luck.
happyrush
Novice

Return to Sensor