help me with your opinion..

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

help me with your opinion..

Postby rieda_akmar » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm

i am doing on final year project with the title of digital car temperature display based on the water level detection.
please help me on how i can choose the right water level sensor for my project..
rieda_akmar
Freshie

Re: help me with your opinion..

Postby hyng » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:24 am

so far i have not see any water level sensor...
have you already study the sensor? any example on the sensor?
hyng

Postby ABSF » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Dont see how the water level in a car is related to the temperature of it. Is it not simpler to put a temperature sensor in the cooling tank and display the result digitally?

May be you can install a glass rod with conducting tapes one inch apart and connect wires to each marker. Then put the rod inside the reserved water tank. The wires should be connected to a PIC port with reference to the most bottom marker. If the water level is too low, then sound an alarm or you can display percentage of water left in the tank. Cool project! :D

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby rieda_akmar » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 am

actually i have study some kind of sensors..but i still not sure if they are suitable or not with my project.
here i show one of sensor that i studied.but i still not sure about it.

thanks Allen, you give me some idea..my aim is just to show the temperature of car when the water is at low level..but i don't know how to do it. it is just prototype project but still i have to make it like the real one.

thanks for your ideas..

:P
Attachments
LM1830-low-level-detector.jpg
LM1830-low-level-detector.jpg (27.79 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
rieda_akmar
Freshie

Postby ABSF » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 pm

A quick search using google found that LM1830N is called "fluid level detection IC". Its price is not cheap. Searching on eBay only found 2 hits. I think this chip won't be a suitable candidate for your project.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LM1830-Integrated-C ... 588b3c312f

http://cgi.ebay.com/LM1830N-LM1830-Flui ... 19b49f0bdd

Further more this chip is a complete functional block by itself and I wonder how are you going to interface this chip to your PIC. Your PIC is supposed to take over the job of this chip so try to think of simple ways to measure the water levels in your car.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby ABSF » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Hey,

Take a look here, May be these guys can give you more ideas on your project.

http://www.edaboard.com/thread131487.html

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby happyrush » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi ,

Give me your email or email to happyrush@live.com to request, i can send you a full solution on how to detect water level precisely and it is very universal can measure almost all the water tank, this is the same concept on how the washing machine detect the water level.Full documentation for you but it is confidential,you can take the idea but not 100% copy,hope this can help.
happyrush
Novice

Postby rieda_akmar » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:28 pm

here my email
rieda_akmar@yahoo.com

thanks guys..
ultrasonic type water level..seem like give me some ideas..but how can i interface them with other sensor?because for this project actually i tried to use LM35 for sensing temperature. still now i can't find the circuit for them.

p/s:can anybody tell me..if i am using ultrasonic type water level for car tank..is there any limitations..because i am truly lack of knowledge about car.

thanks again for your suggestion,
really help me. :roll:
rieda_akmar
Freshie

Postby ober » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:35 am

What is the distance you plan to measure? Because the ready to use ultrasonic sensor that Cytron carry have a range of minimum 6 inches to 254 inches.

Interface is quite straight forward using either PWM (measuring width), Analog (analog voltage) or RS232 output. You can refer to one of Cytron DIY project which uses ultrasonic to detect range, PR23

As for LM35, quite straight forward, analog voltage too, 10mV/degree Celsius. Do refer to PR11 for example.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby happyrush » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 am

Hi,

i already sent to you.Good luck...
happyrush
Novice

Next

Return to Sensor