Autonomous robot for localization and mapping

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Autonomous robot for localization and mapping

Postby lambertlai » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:34 pm

If i need the autonomous robot for localization and mapping with wireless communication,
can i use IFC XBee Wireless Card and XBee Pro 60mW Wire Antenna, IMU, Ultrasonic Range Finder, GPS Evaluation Board and 32 Channel GPS Receiver to set the location let the robot automatically move and move to particular location? Thank you so much.
lambertlai
Freshie

Re: Autonomous robot for localization and mapping

Postby lambertlai » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 am

Is it so complicated in this my FYP project :?: :roll: :? I need to know the solution and is it possible use these all cytron product?
lambertlai
Freshie

Postby aurora » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:24 am

I'm not familiar with some of the board you mention there. I don't see why you can't though. Just that you might have to do a lot of experiment, and probably extensive amount of effort to get all of that working.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby robosang » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:55 am

lambertlai WROTE:If i need the autonomous robot for localization and mapping with wireless communication,
can i use IFC XBee Wireless Card and XBee Pro 60mW Wire Antenna, IMU, Ultrasonic Range Finder, GPS Evaluation Board and 32 Channel GPS Receiver to set the location let the robot automatically move and move to particular location? Thank you so much.

Not really sure you need to use, but why you want to use the IFC XBee? As I know, IFC series from Cytron will require a series of compatible cards to functions. It will require I think atleast the main board and power board, something like that. You can actually choose the XBee module or the SKXBee from them.

Another thing, where you plan to put your robot? indoor or outdoor? As I know, GPS cannot be use in indoor environment, it require clear sky view to get signal lock.
robosang
Expert

Return to Sensor