how the ultrasonic sensor function??

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

how the ultrasonic sensor function??

Postby PINKYLADYR_SIZUKA » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 pm

hi..i want do the project using ultrasonic transducer sensor,,,it is same with ultrasonic sensor?
how this product functi0n in water and oil?
help me plz..really2 tension =(
PINKYLADYR_SIZUKA
Greenhorn

Re: how the ultrasonic sensor function??

Postby yonghui » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:23 pm

hi,

more desciption on ur project pls,

transduser=sensor?

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby shiyan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 am

I think transducer is referring to the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver itself only. Actually the transducer alone is not a complete sensor, you need to hook up circuit, controller, write program to transmit ultrasonic out, and wait for the ultrasonic wave to bounce back if there is any obstacle, further process the time taken, walah..... give you the distance :mrgreen: !
shiyan
Amateur

Postby PINKYLADYR_SIZUKA » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:01 pm

how can I know the level of water if using this sensor?? this sensor will tell the distance of water or its percentage? its that a specific calculation to determine the output?? and where the output will display?? how to know the distance to put between transmitter and receiver?..
PINKYLADYR_SIZUKA
Greenhorn

Postby ABSF » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 am

PINKYLADYR_SIZUKA WROTE:how can I know the level of water if using this sensor?? this sensor will tell the distance of water or its percentage? its that a specific calculation to determine the output?? and where the output will display?? how to know the distance to put between transmitter and receiver?..

Are you measuring the water level in a tank or the volume of water in a tank? For volume, you can employ the same technique used in washing machines. For level, you can etch a long strip of PCB with copper markers at fixed interval and connect the markers to pic inputs for detection and calculation.

I dont have any idea on how to use an ultrasonic to detect water level. May be you can experiment and find it out yourself.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 am

PINKYLADYR_SIZUKA WROTE:how can I know the level of water if using this sensor?? this sensor will tell the distance of water or its percentage? its that a specific calculation to determine the output?? and where the output will display?? how to know the distance to put between transmitter and receiver?..

We never test using ultrasonic to detect water level, but one of the engineer did uses infrared distance sensor to measure water level before, the blog is being shared here. I think ultrasonic can still be used for the measurement, you might need to calibrate it as the reflection of ultrasonic wave might be different on the water surface. Run some experiment will get you some ideas.

If you are using the maxbotic ultrasonic sensor, the output is proportional to distance measure. Because there are 3 type of outputs PWM, Analog and Serial, you will need to refer to the datasheet to get more information.

If you are building the ultrasonic yourself, you will need to search for some circuit on the Internet and develop the microcontroller source code to processing the signal. Never develop this sensor, but the distance you can trial and error to get a rough idea.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Sensor