Ultrasonic Sensor and Arduino

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Ultrasonic Sensor and Arduino

Postby Tsy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 pm

i just buy the ultrasonic sensor(SN-US-40) from Cytron, and i need connect the sensor with the Arduino, and i dont know the circuit for connecting the sensor, can anybody guide me???
Tsy
Fledgling

Re: Ultrasonic Sensor and Arduino

Postby shiyan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Tsy WROTE:i just buy the ultrasonic sensor(SN-US-40) from Cytron, and i need connect the sensor with the Arduino, and i dont know the circuit for connecting the sensor, can anybody guide me???

What is the output of this ultrasonic sensor? Sorry no time to browse through Cytron page for that sensor. Normally is analog output right? Just setup the Arduino to read analog voltage. Arduino is very famous microcontroller platform that comes with plenty of sample codes and projects. You should be able to get one :geek:
shiyan
Amateur

Re: Ultrasonic Sensor and Arduino

Postby ober » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Tsy WROTE:i just buy the ultrasonic sensor(SN-US-40) from Cytron, and i need connect the sensor with the Arduino, and i dont know the circuit for connecting the sensor, can anybody guide me???

SN-US-40 is purely the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver. It is not a complete ready to use ultrasonic sensor. Not really sure is there any sample circuit and code for Arduino, you can try to search it. I have seen people using the maxbotix EZ1 on Arduino, quite easy for that.

Here is a sample circuit from internet search that might inspire you if you still want to consider the transmitter and receiver.

You will still need to develop program for it, or try to search for its sample code.
ober

Return to Sensor