M30 Capacitive Proximity Sensor

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Re: M30 Capacitive Proximity Sensor

Postby kenshih » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:05 pm

robosang WROTE:Em.... :roll:

I think I will suggest to connect the pull up for sensor and power the sensor only, test the sensor alone.

yes. i've tested the sensor with nothing on but the 12v input and the ground directly from the power supply to the sensor and it works like what i've posted earlier. currently, the problem im facing now is regarding the disability of feeding the output from the sensor to my pic that contains the coding for testing the sensor as shown earlier.
kenshih
Novice

Postby ober » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:01 pm

OK, so the sensor is working based on what recommended by robosang and test result from you.

Now is the problem with your PIC and program. Again, you can verify the working of your microcontroller with purely push button and LED only. Assuming the push button as sensor, LED as the output, it should works the same way.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby kenshih » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:59 pm

ober WROTE:OK, so the sensor is working based on what recommended by robosang and test result from you.

Now is the problem with your PIC and program. Again, you can verify the working of your microcontroller with purely push button and LED only. Assuming the push button as sensor, LED as the output, it should works the same way.

i've just tested my circuit with switch and led as recommended, and it turn out responding as expected. there is nothin wrong with my circuit and coding which only left the sensor's output is not responding according to input (let me emphasis that the sensor is working). is there any other way to check if the output of the sensor is working or not.
kenshih
Novice

Postby ober » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:44 am

kenshih WROTE:
yes. i've tested the sensor with nothing on but the 12v input and the ground directly from the power supply to the sensor and it works like what i've posted earlier. currently, the problem im facing now is regarding the disability of feeding the output from the sensor to my pic that contains the coding for testing the sensor as shown earlier.

Want to makesure we understand each other. You say you test the sensor with 12V and Gnd, and it works. I think what robosang proposed is not only to power it and check the LED indicator, but to measure the voltage changes at the output where you pull up to 5V with resistor. Any voltage changes? It should have changes from 5V to 0V when the sensor detected something.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby kenshih » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:14 am

ober WROTE:
kenshih WROTE:

Want to makesure we understand each other. You say you test the sensor with 12V and Gnd, and it works. I think what robosang proposed is not only to power it and check the LED indicator, but to measure the voltage changes at the output where you pull up to 5V with resistor. Any voltage changes? It should have changes from 5V to 0V when the sensor detected something.

yes, jus to make it clear, i'll list out what i've tested so far:
1. sensor alone with only 12v pow and ground (results: works by emitting light on the tail of the sensor)
2. sensor attached to the circuit with pic and coding in it (results: there is still light emitting from the tail of the sensor[sensor working] but the LED on the breadboard that is connected to the output of the pic does not show any response)
3. and lastly the circuit alone with "manual switch"(i used jumper wire connected to 5v along with a 10k ohm resistor to represents '1' and connect it to the input pin and pulling out the jumper wire for '0') (results: LED changes state[on/off] as i pull/plug the jumper wire)
kenshih
Novice

Postby ober » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

kenshih WROTE:3. and lastly the circuit alone with "manual switch"(i used jumper wire connected to 5v along with a 10k ohm resistor to represents '1' and connect it to the input pin and pulling out the jumper wire for '0') (results: LED changes state[on/off] as i pull/plug the jumper wire)

It will be good if you can show the setup of this test through photo
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby kenshih » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm

ober WROTE:
kenshih WROTE:3. and lastly the circuit alone with "manual switch"(i used jumper wire connected to 5v along with a 10k ohm resistor to represents '1' and connect it to the input pin and pulling out the jumper wire for '0') (results: LED changes state[on/off] as i pull/plug the jumper wire)

It will be good if you can show the setup of this test through photo

the picture on the right shows the circuit when the input jumper wire (green wire) is "hanging"(0 bit), from the coding,

if (ss0==0) itm0=1;
else itm0=0;
note: where ss0 is RC0 and itm0 is RB0

and the picture on the left shows the circuit with the input jumper wire attached to the input pin,
DSC04405.JPG

from the state of the LED, it shows that the coding and circuit im using is working fine.
kenshih
Novice

Postby ober » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:57 pm

I think you mis-understand what proposed by robosang. He actually want you to test the sensor alone, not only looking at the LED on sensor, but the voltage at the output wire, it should be the black wire from sensor. Measure the voltage at that point. Pull it up to 5V with 10K, use multimeter measure black wire and refer to GND. The voltage should drop to 0V when sensor detect and changes stage, else in normal condition, the voltage should be high (5V or 4.9+V). No microcontroller or switches or LED involve in the test. Only, sensor, 5V supply, pull-up resistor and multimeter.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby kenshih » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:20 pm

ober WROTE:I think you mis-understand what proposed by robosang. He actually want you to test the sensor alone, not only looking at the LED on sensor, but the voltage at the output wire, it should be the black wire from sensor. Measure the voltage at that point. Pull it up to 5V with 10K, use multimeter measure black wire and refer to GND. The voltage should drop to 0V when sensor detect and changes stage, else in normal condition, the voltage should be high (5V or 4.9+V). No microcontroller or switches or LED involve in the test. Only, sensor, 5V supply, pull-up resistor and multimeter.

i've jus tested the sensor as proposed, there is response, but the highest it goes was up to 3v only and drops down to something near 1v. i think its d problem with 3v instead of 5v that the pic still take it as low.
kenshih
Novice

Postby ober » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:38 pm

If that is the case, I would advise you to fill in the form under support tab in our website. The technical team will follow up with you.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

PreviousNext

Return to Sensor