M30 Capacitive Proximity Sensor

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Re: M30 Capacitive Proximity Sensor

Postby kenshih » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:04 pm

ober WROTE:If that is the case, I would advise you to fill in the form under support tab in our website. The technical team will follow up with you.

ok... just filled up the form. awaiting reply...
anyway, thx for the help given since the beginning especially u,ober... :)
kenshih
Novice

Postby robosang » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:24 pm

ober WROTE:I think you mis-understand what proposed by robosang. He actually want you to test the sensor alone, not only looking at the LED on sensor, but the voltage at the output wire, it should be the black wire from sensor. Measure the voltage at that point. Pull it up to 5V with 10K, use multimeter measure black wire and refer to GND. The voltage should drop to 0V when sensor detect and changes stage, else in normal condition, the voltage should be high (5V or 4.9+V). No microcontroller or switches or LED involve in the test. Only, sensor, 5V supply, pull-up resistor and multimeter.

Yup, that is exactly what I meant, thanks ober for explaining it.
robosang
Expert

Postby kenshih » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:35 am

after a couple of tests, i found out that the output is actually somewhere between 11 to 12 volts. either i've take d wrong reading or made some mistake earlier. now i connect it to a 5v voltage regulator and wire it to the pic and it works perfectly. =)
anyway, thx for all the help given.
kenshih
Novice

Postby robosang » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:24 pm

12V? Are you sure you are using NPN output sensor? It really weird to get such output voltage on NPN, yet the resistor is being pull-up to 5V. Anyway, don have the sensor, so cannot really verify it.
robosang
Expert

Previous

Return to Sensor