Light related project

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Re: Light related project

Postby AllesonBong » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

ABSF WROTE:
AllesonBong WROTE:For the moment I use only 3 LDRs..what do you have in mind? I would like to hear it

Only 3 LDRs ? Should be a piece of cake. :mrgreen:

I've just started a similar project that monitors 16x 24V 48W dc lamps used in a boat. I use 0.1 ohm in series with the lamp to drop 0.2V and use that as an input for my PIC. As my PIC only has 8 ADC, I have to use multiplexers to combine 4 inputs to one output and an op-amp to amplify 0.2V to something higher before entering the ADC.

I dont need GUI to display the activities. Just a front panel with LED and push bottons controlled by a second PIC. The 2 PICs would talk to each other using UART interface. Have you started with the LDR and writing programs for PC GUI or the C programs for the PIC? You can always simulate the PIC part on proteus. The Proteus is quite powerful, it has a UART terminal built-in and can be called out to test the PIC UART functions.

Allen

Thanks for the input. I've already program the PIC. I write the hex file using microC Pro and it's working. I have already simulate the LDRs with the PIC using Proteus. It works perfectly. I've connected the LDRs with variable resistors due to the differents Lux in each room. (One room, One LDR) Unfortunately, using GUI to monitor the lighting was one of the requirement for this tasks. For the moment, I use VC++ 08 to create the GUI but i've encounter a problem on how to create the HID. Any advise? Thanks :)
AllesonBong
Freshie

Re: Light related project

Postby kl84 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:54 am

If you're looking for USB HID example, Microchip Application Libraries is a good place to get started. Download and install the whole libraries. You will find example codes for both your PIC and also the "visual" environment.
kl84
Amateur

Previous

Return to Sensor